What is required for 99.55 UAI? (1 Viewer)

snowconesyum

HSC
it's just that basically EVERYTHING gets scaled down, so the terms "scales up" or "scales down" have become relative - like when people say oh, 3u maths/languages etc scales really well, they just mean that comparatively, it changes ur hsc mark into something only a LITTLE BIT less, from which they make your uai, compared to say dnt or something, which typically scales worse. scaling basically shifts all the marks down a bit, but some subjects more than others, based on the cohort. i think.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yeah, compare say...3 or 4 unit maths scaling to general scaling, where 100 goes down to 90.

jaychouf4n

HSC
Also I want to ask does USYD law actually require a UAI of 99.55??

Because that means only the top 0.45 of the state are allowed to APPLY, which kind of scares me, because I''m looking at a UAI of about 99.3 which would suck sooo much.

So is it truly that hard to get into USYD Law....

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jaychouf4n said:

Because that means only the top 0.45 of the state are allowed to APPLY, which kind of scares me, because I''m looking at a UAI of about 99.3 which would suck sooo much.

So is it truly that hard to get into USYD Law....
You can always improve. For someone who gets EAS (Education Access Scheme), the cut-off is like 98.xx which is pretty good for someone like I am who can apply with elligible reasons.

friction

HSC
1. more then the top 0.45 get over 99.55.
2. When you talk about scaling you are talking about HSC marks against scaled marks which is not what you should be talking about as UAC scale your raw marks not your HSC marks. So most things (if not all) do get scaled up.
3. Yes USYD law is a bitch to get into. You know you could go to another UNI if you dont get in, or do it post-grad.

Ran out of things to say.

jaychouf4n

HSC
^Education Access Scheme.

Phew with more than 0.45 get over 99.55, because i thought it meant only 301 people even got OVER that mark >< And counting the hundred from James Ruse, NSG, etc i was like oh crap I am screwed. Damn asians and their parents (N.B. I am asian)

Ahh well. It doesn't really matter because my parents would do ANYTHING for me to get into whatever course they wanted me to get into....

All I can do now is study hard and not play dota...

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
jaychouf4n said:
Because its popular and has a limited amount of places.

Also you really shouldn't worry about 'scaling'. To put it bluntly, poor exam results aren't going to magically be turned into band 6 ones. If you did poorly compared to everyone else, you're still going to do poorly compared to everyone else after scaling.

lionking1191

HSC
aliceminty said:
Thats bull shit. I have had 2 siblings go through the HSC and they did not get 'scaled down' by havng marks lower than 95/6
i think you are talking about moderation

different things

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
aliceminty said:
Thats bull shit. I have had 2 siblings go through the HSC and they did not get 'scaled down' by havng marks lower than 95/6
Mate, dont confuse "Aligning" with "Scaling"

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
JB10 said:
Get over it.. The world has enough lawyers, we don't need 1 more.
\

lmao, obv that dont have enuff, or else the uai requirement would be 100+lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)