What is so good about being a virgin? (1 Viewer)

hopethisworks

Banned
North Manly Beach Sexual Preference: Centaur Bans
HSC
N/A
*Buttercup* said:
Yes, i would wait again. Obviously it's not ideal and id be doing everything i could to make the first marriage work, but if i was widowed or divorced or whatever, and then got married again, i would wait to have sex til i was married again. I mean, just because the first marriage didnt work out, doesnt mean I've suddenly changed my mind about saving sex for within a marriage relationship. It's still something i only want to experience with someone im married to.

*waits to get flamed for that, even tho im just answering ur question with my opinion...*

i happen to be an expert on this subject

evry1getscrewed

HSC
Cookie182 said:
Interesting reply. I can't change your view and won't attempt to, at least in your own reality it appears to be justified and at the very least quassi-logical. My intial questioning of your beliefs was however instigated through your comment above- where you refered to my belief as a 'rant'. The fact still stands, many people in previous posts had no logical foundation for their reason to remain a virgin and they attempted to justify this through 'god'. I simply expressed my opinion on this.

As for validation of opinon, well I still think it is hard to hold 'sex' to such a high value as you do before you have tried it. TBH doing so builds it up as something for you which at least in your first few times may well be a huge let down. Seriously, the whole sacrement of only being seen naked by one guy and all sounds sweet in theory but when you actually get there you'll see it's not as big deal as your envisaging. As for people commenting on war etc when they haven't been there- well I would simlilarly disregard their opinion also. But hey thats just me.

And yea, I am intrigued. Once you lose your virginity in marriage and if that marriage never worked out, would you need to remarry to have sexual relations with somebody else? In accordance to the current line of rationale that you have expressed, it would seem plausible.

Lastly, on a humorous note- I don't think that your username upholds a universal paradigm. Well, at least not in your case...
thats actually a really interesting question. ive never considered what i would do if i got divorced, so i really don't know. maybe... yea, not sure...

haha yes i should explain my name. did anyone else have trouble getting a boredofstudies username? i tried for ages, eventually entering the weirdest combinations and it kept telling me they were taken, so i put this in. didn't expect it to work, but hey presto, here we are and i can't change my name :S

i think you've somewhat missed the point of the posts. people aren't 'justifying' their positions, merely giving reasons as to why they have chosen the path they have, because that was the question asked. if belief in God is central to that, then so be it. i don't view that as lacking 'logical reasoning', as you put it, because it is very logical to follow the values of your religion. if you personally don't subscribe to a religion (as i myself don't) that doesn't remove the legitimacy of God as a reason why someone would remain a virgin.

you mention sex being 'a let down'. i don't hear a lot about people who have regretted waiting until marriage to have sex, but i do hear about people who do regret having sex. thoughts?

as to the question about what would happen if my husband sucked in bed, well, i guess i would love him enough not to care too much... thats part of my reasoning i guess... i want the man i sleep with to love me for who i am, even if i wasn't fantastic at sexing. i'd like to think i'll do the same in return. though as you constantly point out, my opinion is less valid owing to my lack of sexual experience.

Cookie182 i'd like to ask you a question. why do you believe in sex before marriage? and have you ever had the experience where you wished you had waited for a little longer before sleeping with a girl, or been let down by a sexual partner? i realise these are personal questions, but hey, its anonymous ;)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
evry1getscrewed said:
thats actually a really interesting question. ive never considered what i would do if i got divorced, so i really don't know. maybe... yea, not sure...

haha yes i should explain my name. did anyone else have trouble getting a boredofstudies username? i tried for ages, eventually entering the weirdest combinations and it kept telling me they were taken, so i put this in. didn't expect it to work, but hey presto, here we are and i can't change my name :S

i think you've somewhat missed the point of the posts. people aren't 'justifying' their positions, merely giving reasons as to why they have chosen the path they have, because that was the question asked. if belief in God is central to that, then so be it. i don't view that as lacking 'logical reasoning', as you put it, because it is very logical to follow the values of your religion. if you personally don't subscribe to a religion (as i myself don't) that doesn't remove the legitimacy of God as a reason why someone would remain a virgin.

you mention sex being 'a let down'. i don't hear a lot about people who have regretted waiting until marriage to have sex, but i do hear about people who do regret having sex. thoughts?

as to the question about what would happen if my husband sucked in bed, well, i guess i would love him enough not to care too much... thats part of my reasoning i guess... i want the man i sleep with to love me for who i am, even if i wasn't fantastic at sexing. i'd like to think i'll do the same in return. though as you constantly point out, my opinion is less valid owing to my lack of sexual experience.

Cookie182 i'd like to ask you a question. why do you believe in sex before marriage? and have you ever had the experience where you wished you had waited for a little longer before sleeping with a girl, or been let down by a sexual partner? i realise these are personal questions, but hey, its anonymous ;)
Im still a virgin :) Gotta love the anonymity!

Last edited:

artist91

HSC
I don't have a problem with people waiting until they get married. Good on them if that's their thing go for it. But I think by waiting you miss out on such a huge part of life and emotional growth. People make such a big deal about loosing virginity. Really, if it's with someone you trust and care for, you're not going to regret it and you're free to explore one of the biggests facts of life - sexuality!

evry1getscrewed

HSC
Cookie182 said:
Im still a virgin :) Gotta love the anonymity!

But to answer your question- well i dont know if I want to get married, due to a range of commitment issues I'm yet to deal with (reinforced by such teen films as SwimFan or Fatal Attraction) and yea im pretty fussy.

Why am i lieing! I just ain't that hot!
you're still a virgin?! what?! everything you've said, including dismissing my opinions for having not experienced sex before, just maybe possibly hinted at the fact that you are not actually in the same boat as me.

ok, whatever. how old are you?

who cares if you 'just ain't that hot'. here is my point (or one of my many points :p) - if you have sex with your husband/wife, it doesn't matter if you're ugly/hot/fat/awesome/short/big/small/whatever else. they're going to love you for that and the longer you're together the better sex gets (no, not my personal experience, but that of a close friend of mine) because you're comfortable with each other.

im still very surprised that you're a virgin. is it due to the reasons above or something else?

revenir

HSC
It's ironic that a website that is designed to help me study is also helping me procrastinate.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
lree.2004 said:
there's nothing good or bad. it's sometimes just easier to be called a virgin instead of a slut
WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THIS THREAD AND FALSE DICHOTEMIES?

Virgin/Slut
Respect/having sex
Love/having sex
Virgin/AIDs

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The second you have sex you become a pregnant, diseased crack whore.

Fuck, Riet, don't you know ANYTHING?

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
The second you have sex you become a pregnant, diseased crack whore.

Fuck, Riet, don't you know ANYTHING?
everyone knwos this.

Bond/Catalyst

HSC
It is a sign of purity and that you are only willing to use our bodies, which are the temple of God, to procreate once we are in a married relationship. Peopl are proud of being able to say that they do not want their bodies to be given up for grabs for a few seconds of pleasure- the sexual act is simply a further progression of a love taht should already exist and should never be taken away form its role in creating more human beings, in a stable and loving relationsip- because hey isnt that wat those things in our underpants are actually used for (other than eliminating wastes of course lol) . Its not simply a matter of religion either, its to do with dignity, and in fact the increased promiscuity and social aceptance of premarital sex is in fact one of the casues of low birth rates, because the purpose of sex is changing.

In a nutshell- its good to have the knowledge taht you have the moral highground over an immoral society which is using its bodies and minds in a way they were never intended to be used.

Bond/Catalyst

HSC
scarybunny said:
Can I ask you, then, what the point of a clitoris is?
Sexual pleasur in itself id not the sin, or what is wrong, but the fact that it is being derived when it is not supposed to be. THe enjoyment from sexual experiences can truly be called a gift from God i believe, when they are acted for the purposes of proceation in a married loving relationship

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Bond/Catalyst said:
Sexual pleasur in itself id not the sin, or what is wrong, but the fact that it is being derived when it is not supposed to be. THe enjoyment from sexual experiences can truly be called a gift from God i believe, when they are acted for the purposes of proceation in a married loving relationship
Fuck I don't understand how you can be so deeply religious and be a teenage boy.
Don't you get ever get randy and just wanna fuck someone?

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
mr_brightside said:
Fuck I don't understand how you can be so deeply religious and be a teenage boy.
Don't you get ever get randy and just wanna fuck someone?

That is SATAN in you DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO HIM.

OH MY GOD YOUR PENIS IS EVIL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)