• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what is so good about UTS? (1 Viewer)

Cooleroo

Banned
HSC
well?

why do u like UTS.

to me it looks scary, what if someone bombs it, and im stuck on the top level or something, lol.

nah, but what are the advantages of studying at UTS? is there easy transport there.. alot of places to hang out?

thanks

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Cooleroo said:
well?

why do u like UTS.

to me it looks scary, what if someone bombs it, and im stuck on the top level or something, lol.

nah, but what are the advantages of studying at UTS? is there easy transport there.. alot of places to hang out?

thanks

none of my subjects are on any level above 1. so dont have to be scared of being bombed, ide be more scared of VSU protestors then anything.

theres a bar with pool tables and arcade machines, i usually hang otu there.

and transport is easy , 5 mins walk from central

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
although building one is damn ugly, the place is pretty cool ... i like being right in the city ... although i really enjoy grass, walking out and being right in the middle of the city is also cool.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i hate the lifts in tower building makes me want to throw up :(
it's funny how many people think that there's only one building (tower)

Cooleroo

Banned
HSC
is it really 5 minutes walk from central???
it looks so far

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
whats not good about it: UAI acceptance is soooooooooooo damn high, and they dont offer the bumpkin school extra points thingo.!>
depends what . and i think Usyd is generally higher

MW4H_X0X0

HSC
Uts

when i was in year 10 or 11 (cant remember) i actually did my qork experience at UTS...i studied as a university student doing a forensic science course!!!

its a really good uni..well so i thought! i attended lectures and did experiments, i was like a student and it was awesome, a top uni!!!

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
dark`secrets said:
i hate the lifts in tower building makes me want to throw up :(
I hope that I never have classes there, I wouldn't be able to eat before class. I've only been in the lifts twice but both times it made me feel sick. :mad:
They must have made them so bad on purpose, because I've never been in a lift quite that bad before...I'd rather go up Centrepoint tower.

UTS is surprisingly close to the station. It'd be nicer if the tunnel had air vents, but you can't have everything. :rolleyes:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
midnight said:
I hope that I never have classes there, I wouldn't be able to eat before class. I've only been in the lifts twice but both times it made me feel sick. :mad:
They must have made them so bad on purpose, because I've never been in a lift quite that bad before...I'd rather go up Centrepoint tower.

UTS is surprisingly close to the station. It'd be nicer if the tunnel had air vents, but you can't have everything. :rolleyes:

i dont tihnk the elivator takes that long. and i like the feeling.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
midnight said:

is it actually that much worse then centrepoint?
ive never been there personally

but if they are worse, then thats really really bad...

Cooleroo

Banned
HSC
what do u guys mean that the lift is bad? does it wobble when its going up? does stink like trash? what?

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
I wasn't saying that it takes a long time.
It does go slow-ish though, and it makes your head spin when it stops. It's like it goes up half a level too far and then drops back down before the doors open.

I've been to Centrepoint, Telstra Tower etc and their lifts just feel like you're dropping when it stops. It never gave me the "I'm going to throw up then faint" feeling. :eek:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
midnight said:
I wasn't saying that it takes a long time.
It does go slow-ish though, and it makes your head spin when it stops. It's like it goes up half a level too far and then drops back down before the doors open.

I've been to Centrepoint, Telstra Tower etc and their lifts just feel like you're dropping when it stops. It never gave me the "I'm going to throw up then faint" feeling. :eek:
yuor just weak. the lift is not that bad.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Thanks.

Maybe I would get used to it if I had to use it every day. But I don't. And the times that I've been in it it has made me feel ill.
I wasn't trying to use my opinion to start an argument.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
haha yeah, lift isnt bad ... whats bad is where i was today ... the underground engineering lab/workshop thingy's in building two ... my god, i was down there in a room full of concretey crap for about 10 mins before i couldnt stand it any longer and walked out.

oh yeah, i forgot to mention earlier, another reason uts is rad is because thejosiekiller goes there!!!! :eek: *waits for sexz0ring*

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Depending on what you want to study you rarely have to use the tower lifts anyway! The view from the upper levels of the tower is great.

UTS is pretty damn cool in my opinion. They have some great courses, transport is excellent (easy access to both buses and trains)... it is probably the best uni (well city campus anyway) in terms of access to transport.

Plus it is in the city.... in chinatown, short walk to centre of city. So much to do.

I'm very happy at UTS.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
5-10 minutes to get to uts from central?! Maybe if you're paraplegic. It's 2 mins from railway square.
Usyd is 10-15 minutes walk from central.

Oh and it really depends what career path you wish to take. Some courses will be better at uts, others at unsw, others at usyd.
I find some courses at uts very prescriptive and specific though.

Last edited:
HSC
I walk from Central to UTS in about 5 minutes.

I just have to remember not to go up the elevator that says 'UTS', because that's the one that you have to walk past all the buses and wait at the lights. 'Tafe' is where I want to go.

UTS is good, because rain, hail, shine, the weather is regulated.
The closeness to MarketCity (cheap food!!) is also a huge plus.

But yeah, I don't like the elevators, especially how some of them are biased and only go to every second level. And the Womyn's room, that place scares me.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
whats not good about it: UAI acceptance is soooooooooooo damn high, and they dont offer the bumpkin school extra points thingo.!>
are you talking abt the EAS/disadvantage marks thing? Because UTS does offer certain assistance to those with disadvanatages

i still say... the lift makes me sick :vcross: hahaa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)