What is the difference between BCom and B Info Systems (1 Viewer)

AtarKing

HSC
Considering choosing one of the two as my top preference as I'm interested in both IT and business and am ultimately quite interested in both management consultancy and business analysis. What makes it harder to differentiate is the fact that I am able to major in information systems within a commerce degree. This has lead me to be unsure. Also in the instance of doing an overseas exchange would this mean that if I did info systems I would be taught the entirely different sort of IS (engineering or sci kind) that is at many other uni's?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Option A: B.Comm (Major in XYZ, Major in Infs)
Option B: B.Comm (Major in XYZ), B.Infs

Option A is 3 years. Option B is 4 years.
The latter has a more extensive coverage for INFS and has practical components (highly beneficial), whereas option A provides theory with not much real world application.

In regards to your exchange question. Answer is no. You must pick courses from other unis that match with those at UNSW. (Option to use your electives if otherwise).

AtarKing

HSC
Option A: B.Comm (Major in XYZ, Major in Infs)
Option B: B.Comm (Major in XYZ), B.Infs

Option A is 3 years. Option B is 4 years.
The latter has a more extensive coverage for INFS and has practical components (highly beneficial), whereas option A provides theory with not much real world application.
Well I was more looking at commerce vs info systems, not a dual degree.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Well I was more looking at commerce vs info systems, not a dual degree.
For Info Sys, you're focusing more on ICT in a business workplace, than a accounting or marketing side, although there are courses you would complete from those.

For Commerce, it is much more broad, with more majors and choices, ranging from Accounting to Business Law.

What career would you like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)