What is the meaning of life? (2 Viewers)

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
To live... To achieve something, even if it's only something small, try and help out other people and benefit society. To be yourself no matter what. To take advantage of every experience life throws at you, cos you've only got one chance.
yah...
Girl, 17

Last edited:

Seabiscuit

HSC
Life:

The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.

www.dictionary.com , Ageless.

(Ok im sorry.... but SOMEONE had to do it! i will go hide now.)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
to create meaning for others.

i have a feeling it'd be for my children one day.

~ 17, Female

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Biologically the meaning, or rtaher the purpose, of life is to live as long and as healthily as possible, producing as many healthy offspring as possible.

More philosophically the meaning of life is to experience life in all its rich variations and by doing so learn more about, life, other people and the world around us. Our duty then being to pass as much of this knowledge on as possible along with the important commandment not to rest on the learnings of our pre-cursors but to continually seek to increase our understanding of our environs and their denizens. Too help others in whatever ways we can.

In short to explore ourselves, through exploration of both the physical and emotional worlds and then to pass on a drive to do the same. To further ourselves and others.

On the other hand I think the route to happiness is much more epicurean in nature.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Meaning is subjective, non-propositional, infinite; we give our lives whatever meaning we make for ourselves. We define ourselves and our life's pursuits, so I'd say each person creates their own individual meaning from this world.

I think freedom is intertwined with this. It is an atrocity to inhibit someone's freedom, yet we might think of it as depriving another of achieving autonomy over their life's meaning; their goals being shaped very much by the limitations of their actions.

It also explains why the meaning of life is fickle; it will not dawn on us till we have achieved those goals that there is nothing left for us to do, and so shift our purpose to something else. I for one, have thought love a spectacular meaning of life, yet once I am settled down and married, satisfied in all measures with the sense of love I want, then my goals, so linked to meaning of life, will most likely alter. I will probably call it 'realisation,' but what really separates one from the other?

(Male, 20)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
fi_babezy said:
What is the meaning of life?

Your answer doesn't have to be mind shatteringly correct- no answer is exactly right. It doesn't have to be philosophical....or maybe it's more philosophical then you first think...existentialism.

Just make sure after your answer you write your age and gender.

cheerrrrrrrrs

i know what the meaning of MY life is. But hey! its my life ok!
(looks like someone was wathcin the RAymond hour today!)
male 17 (soon 18)

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Everything I do is driven by the sex urge and the desire to be important...whether that's any meaning or not...
M 18

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
we are God's workmanship (identity) created in Jesus Christ to do good works (purpose) which God prepared in advance (destiny) for us to do. (eph 2 v 10 i think)

female 17

ps- wat does 42 mean?

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
beccaxx said:
we are God's workmanship (identity) created in Jesus Christ to do good works (purpose) which God prepared in advance (destiny) for us to do. (eph 2 v 10 i think)

female 17

ps- wat does 42 mean?
I think you've got it in reverse. Existence precedes essence. But don't worry - the loss of external value (from God) allows us to create value within ourselves, a value that is in fact greater and superior because it cannot be taken away by such external forces.

At least I don't get spoon fed my life's meaning from a book :p

alien

HSC
Im Christian but i have value in myself. i don't quite get you moonlightsonata.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
What he means is that christians (at least claim) that they gain their lives meaning from god, and that their meaning is something along the lines of worshipping god, which they get from the bible.

However my view is that wether you are Christian, Buddhist, Muslim or Atheist... right now we are ALL mortals and we are living moral lives, we strive for mortal pleasures even tho in the context of the universe & all time they mean nothing, our lives are like building a snowman.

Life is like building a snowman.

It's fun to build, even tho it eventually disappears.

Life is to enjoy mortal pleasures while we live in our mortal world, even if in the end none of it really mattered.
Male, 17.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)