What is the worth of an accounting major/degree? (1 Viewer)

twenty12

HSC
If one couldn't pass the CPA/CA exams after grad (as I've heard there is a high failure rate), would the accounting degree be worth as much as an accounting diploma?
Can you list the type of accounting jobs (preferably not the dull ones) you can get into with just an accounting degree and no further study?

Thanks.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If one couldn't pass the CPA/CA exams after grad (as I've heard there is a high failure rate), would the accounting degree be worth as much as an accounting diploma?
Can you list the type of accounting jobs (preferably not the dull ones) you can get into with just an accounting degree and no further study?

Thanks.
To be honest I don't actually know the answer to this because at least in my experience, pretty much all the big name employers whether they be firms or corporates are offering a graduate role with the plan to get you qualified with either CA or CPA. I'm sure there are plenty of roles out there who don't require CA/CPA and won't push it, but then I'd also imagine a lot of these would be happy with just a diploma as they need book keeping style roles.

In all seriousness CA/CPA isn't that hard and whilst you may need to pay for it yourself if you don't pass first time, it doesn't mean you can't keep trying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)