• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What is this ..."ARC"... you speak of??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
uhawww said:
By public university it does NOT mean the same as a public school. It IS a business.
When I (and I'm almost certain this is universal...) refer to public and private in terms of educational facilities, I mean whether it's owned by the government as well as mainly funded by it and free to all (ie. public) or whether it's privately owned, and exclusive (ie. private).

Do you claim that this is incorrect?

uhawww said:
By off campus I mean in the general vicinity of the area. Why the fuck would I compare it's prices to the rest of Sydney. The reason some of the more popular places on campus are slightly inflated is because they can be, it IS a business.
Yes...it is....I never argued with this.
What I did argue for are these two main points:

1. As a result of it being a business, the food there is very expensive, which is not economically viable for many if not most students, therefore people should stop endorsing/advertising it to new students who may not know how expensive it is, and the fact that it's cheaper to make your own and bring it for lunch, etc.

2. The fact that it is a business, I am at odds with. I do not like it that way, it is my own personal opinion - which I am entitled to, and I am against it, because I think it's plain wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)