what is this "cse" email they speak of? (1 Viewer)

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
like a speical email for computing science and engineering school? where do i get one? apparently i need one if i want info on my course. im lost :(

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
I got mine set up by my mentor while other mentor-mentee groups are out for a photo scavenger hunt (ha!). Apparently he set it up using the unix computers in the bugle lab, where I had to type my password and etc..

Checked the CSE website yet? Maybe there is a way to set it up through the net, but i'm not sure..

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
lol. erm.. yeah okay. ill check it out on monday. ask around etc. i dont think u can do it on the website.. unless someone can prove me wrong with a link? i didnt find it =/

yoshi

Yep do what Sunny said.

You are eligible for a CSE account (which means you get an email @cse.unsw.edu.au and computer access) if you are enrolled in a CSE degree or in a CSE class.

If you're just doing a CSE class you only get the account for the time of the class, otherwise it's there as long as you are :)

PS. New ppl read the Yellow Form rules and don't break em! If you eat or drink (or CSE staff can even _see_ your drink bottle or food) then you will get a warning. 3 more warnings and then it's $50. Save yourselves the hassle :)

PPS. Any questions about CSE facilities, computers, wireless access, stuff like that.. email the CSE Helpdesk, they are there to answer any Qs... helpdesk@cse.unsw.edu.au

Or check out http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~helpdesk/ at the Help & Resources section it links to some FAQs.

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by yoshi
You are eligible for a CSE account (which means you get an email @cse.unsw.edu.au and computer access) if you are enrolled in a CSE degree or in a CSE class.
Which also makes you eligible for free UDUS funds and MSDNAA access :D:D

kouri

well w t f
HSC
Originally posted by sunny
Which also makes you eligible for free UDUS funds and MSDNAA access :D:D
what what what.. whats this?

UDUS.. internet access?? Oo

and wahts MSDNAA?

and i'm sure we'll be told of all this in our first few lectures :) :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
UDUS is the UNSW's dial up server. Uniwide funds can come out of your UDUS account as well.

MSDNAA is a collection of MS software that academic institutes can use. CSE pays MS a fee each year, and all its students can download the software to use for educational purposes.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
CSE pays MS a fee each year, and all its students can download the software to use for educational purposes.
:p

sunny

meh.
HSC
I had to put that in, incase I get sued for promoting illegitimate use of educational software here :D

As part of the MSDNAA license, you are allowed to keep the software installed on your computer even after you've finished your course. My WinXP Pro I'm using now I got from MSDNAA at CSE.

yoshi

My WinXP Pro I'm using now I got from MSDNAA at CSE.
Does their version have product activation on it? Or did you... erm get around it?

sunny

meh.
HSC
CSE students can email SS/Helpdesk for activation/cd keys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)