What is Ur text for ur costume IRP (1 Viewer)

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
Hey i was just wandering what ever1 was doing for their text for costume design as im doing William Shakespear " As you like it"!!!!!!!!!!

heysalovesyah

HSC
hey im doing as u like to also.. its soo hard dont u think? Im at the stage where my teacher is telling me that my research is too much.. and i havent even done anything.. and im afraid that if i do anymore she'll tell me off.. but i still think its insufficient but i dunno.. anyways.. wat type of costumes are u doin?

Gummy_bear

HSC
Hello all.
I too did shakespeare last year, I did twelfth night.
Are you shakes people having your costumes from the elizebethan era or perhaps a more contemporary costume?
I know one year someone had all the characters dressed as different people in a circus, that was for another play though, but still, cool to think about.

If you are having trouble with the language, there are book you can get which "tranlates" into contemporary english.
Hope you are all doing ok, if you need help with costume, ive done it already, so...yeh :p

Kitty_182

HSC
I'm doing 'as you like it' aswell. I chose a circus concept too, doesnt seem so original now :(... oh well, it works, hehe.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
heysalovesyah said:
hey im doing as u like to also.. its soo hard dont u think? Im at the stage where my teacher is telling me that my research is too much.. and i havent even done anything.. and im afraid that if i do anymore she'll tell me off.. but i still think its insufficient but i dunno.. anyways.. wat type of costumes are u doin?

i agree im getting told of for not doing much design even though i no i havent and it s not suffiencent but im working and workin my arse off its like you do this and ur major g p and textiles major and communtiy major and art like OMG .......... okover

and yeah im doing elizabethan era i wan to stick to the love and romance of the play dealling with identity through love i thin k thats similar to what i put in my staetement thingy .. hey how is everyone displaying there work . is it to early to ask.............

cecilly

HSC
is anyone doing ham funeral?? ...i have to have my designs all complete in 2 weeks and its driving me crazy...i have to try and add more emphasis on characteristics to the style of the costume and i cant think of anything else.
I reckon it would be interesting to find out what someone else was doing for the ham funeral, i havent found anyone doing it yet

Kitty_182

HSC
vogue said:
i agree im getting told of for not doing much design even though i no i havent and it s not suffiencent but im working and workin my arse off its like you do this and ur major g p and textiles major and communtiy major and art like OMG .......... okover

and yeah im doing elizabethan era i wan to stick to the love and romance of the play dealling with identity through love i thin k thats similar to what i put in my staetement thingy .. hey how is everyone displaying there work . is it to early to ask.............
I know what you mean, I've gotta do my B.O.W for art, 2 major works for drama and my major for extension english 2, CRAZY!

I'm doing As you like it aswell, but i'm going against the traditional elizabethan style and going for a more eclectic feel...I dunno how I'm gonna display mine :S

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
Kitty_182 said:
I know what you mean, I've gotta do my B.O.W for art, 2 major works for drama and my major for extension english 2, CRAZY!

I'm doing As you like it aswell, but i'm going against the traditional elizabethan style and going for a more eclectic feel...I dunno how I'm gonna display mine :S

some days i feel like giving up .
but hey gotaa keep on moving

ur idea sounds heapppss koool the only reason why is tuck to the elizabethen stuff is cause its simple and theres tonees of info if that helps im not realliy steallin

btw does anyone noe how or where i shall find info to write up my statement i have my major assesment comming up arghghghrrhrhhghghrhrhghr

AlyxaArcana

HSC
cecilly said:
the ham funeral....luv it but i hate analysing it
Oh gosh I'm doing that as well, and I find it a little hard to crack into but yeah.

What era/theme/setting is everyone basing their costume designs on?
Mine is timeless and I have a gothic lolita feel to mine actually a lot of symbolism too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)