What is your financial status? (1 Viewer)

tom-spin

HSC
Thanks for the offer guys, but I seem to be doing fine at school anyhow.
Aiming to complete a degree in finance and corporate management so I can direct my funds and be able to manage my credit which I will fortunately been able to become accustomed to when I turn 18 (when I start uni).

big_jezza

HSC
Money in Bank: bout $20
Current Assets: some musical equipment, thas bout it
Liabilites: none
Job: centrelink youth allowance

SpoonSamba

HSC
SAVINGS: $11 000
OTHER FUNDS: Few hunded bucks in my every day spending account, waiting on tax return (around 1k and my scholarship check for $500)
DEBT: HECS (will be around 20k when I finish, and double that if I do masters :( )
JOB: 2 jobs, one as a ward clerk and one as a physio receptionist

And can I just say - FUCK YOUTH ALLOWANCE, just get a job or take a year off and save and then spend that when you're at uni. Like a normal person. What a waste.

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
haha its retarded to count personal possesions as "assets"

assets have to be marketable

ie. not "clothes" lmao

Garygaz

HSC
Money in Bank: $4**,*** (don't have access until I'm 18)
Current Assets: car > 10 years old (BMW i135), wristwatch valued at around $10,000 and a healthy mind
Liabilites: N/A
Job: None.

it sucks because i've pretty much lost my motivation to work as hard as i could...i'm lucky (in a bad way) :(
you've posted this twice now. somebody's insecure.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
unless you're really intelligent that 400k doesn't mean you've got it made

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
hahahahaa 400k that's about how much we lost in the gfc

bastard

HSC
Money in Bank: $100
Current Assets: 1984 Trueno (it's a car)
Liabilites: $28,000 of credit card debts (mainly due to holiday to Europe, the Trueno and the plasma TV I bought a few years ago)
Job: Working for the Government (ie dole gives me $100 per week). Live off friends otherwise.
Accommodation: Currently staying at my best mate's place. He has a spare room.
lol $28k cc debt

kfnmpah

HSC
Money in bank account: 17k in my long term deposit, $1300 in my high interest savings account, $600 in my savings account, $250 in my other savings account, $50 in silver coin in my money jar
Assets: Fully restored 1974 1100cc mini estate van ~12.5k, shares my dad got when I was born ~75k, for me and my sister, (if this counts) signed, framed led zeppelin poster I got my my 18th birthday ~$1.5k
Debt: Will have a HECS debt ~15k
Job:10 hours a week as a gym receptionist ~$17/hour

EDIT: Remember those yellow commonwealth bank books you had when you were in kindy? My 17k started with me saving my 20c a week pocket money in that, baby sitting money, paper route money, almost every penny I ever earned since I was 5... Wog father... you know how it is.

Red_John

HSC
N/A
Money in Bank: $30,000
Current Assets: $3,000 in shares + Car $10,000
Liabilites: Nil
Debts inc HECS: Nil
Income: Youth allowance + Casual work. Maybe earn 15-20k a year with summer break.

Equity

Banned
HSC
N/A
Money in Bank: $30,000
Current Assets: $3,000 in shares + Car $10,000
Liabilites: Nil
Debts inc HECS: Nil
Income: Youth allowance + Casual work. Maybe earn 15-20k a year with summer break.
newb accountant

Why is a car a current asset lol. Must be pretty shit if it doesn't last for 12months.

Last edited:

Red_John

HSC
N/A
Money in bank account: 17k in my long term deposit, $1300 in my high interest savings account, $600 in my savings account, $250 in my other savings account, $50 in silver coin in my money jar
Assets: Fully restored 1974 1100cc mini estate van ~12.5k, shares my dad got when I was born ~75k, for me and my sister, (if this counts) signed, framed led zeppelin poster I got my my 18th birthday ~$1.5k

EDIT: Remember those yellow commonwealth bank books you had when you were in kindy? My 17k started with me saving my 20c a week pocket money in that, baby sitting money, paper route money, almost every penny I ever earned since I was 5... Wog father... you know how it is.
Check out Nab Ubank if you haven't already mate. I discovered them while back, they pay 6.51% if you save $200 a month with them or 6% otherwise. And they track other savings accounts and make sure they also match/beat them.

What rate are you getting on your term deposit? Are you sure your getting a good deal? I remember back in 2007 i locked in a one year term deposit at 8% the day before the bank reduced the rate, i doubt i'll get a term deposit rate that good for awhile.

Also did you consider paying your hecs upfront and getting 20% discount?

Red_John

HSC
N/A

Check out Nab Ubank if you haven't already mate. I discovered them while back, they pay 6.51% if you save $200 a month with them or 6% otherwise. And they track other savings accounts and make sure they also match/beat them.

What rate are you getting on your term deposit? Are you sure your getting a good deal? I remember back in 2007 i locked in a one year term deposit at 8% the day before the bank reduced the rate, i doubt i'll get a term deposit rate that good for awhile.

Also did you consider paying your hecs upfront and getting 20% discount?

Equity

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol coming from someone called Equity?........
coming from someone that killed accounting 1A last sem.

A car is not a current asset (unless it's really shit), most cars last for more than 12months.

Also, cash is a current asset. Just getting technical.

Red_John

HSC
N/A
I too know the conventions of non-current and current but cared little for following them on a student forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)