• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What is your motivation? (2 Viewers)

HSC
my motivation.........

leaving assignments to the last minute, so i HAVE to get them done

in the process, i scare myself to death about how i have such little time, which makes me do a good job of them.

applying pressure lifts ur performance i reckon

shepwarp

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Ultimately, my motavation for studying is doing well in the HSC which means getting into medicine. If I get into medicine, I can become a doctor and eventually go work for Medicins Sans Frontiers. Just knowing that I can someday have a chance to make a difference in the lives of those who need it the most is enough for me most days.

Other days, I just think about how much I want to beat this girl in my year. Shes incredibly smart, but she is the most selfish, rude, bitchy, shallow, inconsiderate person I have ever met. Im not usually competitive with other people, but she just infuriates me so much.

Oh, and also the GARGOLYES!!!!!!!!
Sydney Uni medical faculty has GARGOYLES!!!!! out the front.
Wow... that's exactly what I do... except minus the gargoyles

Yeah ... Doctors Without Borders WOOHOO ... and yeah there is this one girl in my year who is just like that too... she was nominated for head prefect along with four others (not me boohoo haha) but if she's a prefect and I'm not there is no way she is going to get anywhere near either dux or the top TCE score prize... Those are my motivations...

360flip

HSC
N/A
*emi* said:
Hahaha well i know i'm motivated by wanting to beat this girl at my school in maths ex 1- except she is freakishly good at maths. Rather annoying.
Also - as lame as it sounds- i have a star chart and whenever i do a good hour of study (i.e. NO MSN!!!) then i get a sticker, 20 stickers and i buy myself a CD - and i'm not allowed to buy any cds any other time
I love my music so it really works for me..
yeah i had that kind of system before so if i study hard my reward was skating all weekend but on the second day i was like fuck it and skated everyday

kloudsurfer

HSC
shepwarp said:
Wow... that's exactly what I do... except minus the gargoyles

Yeah ... Doctors Without Borders WOOHOO ... and yeah there is this one girl in my year who is just like that too... she was nominated for head prefect along with four others (not me boohoo haha) but if she's a prefect and I'm not there is no way she is going to get anywhere near either dux or the top TCE score prize... Those are my motivations...
Yeah my goal is to get dux too but thats not that hard cos my schools kinda crap. The last dux got like 96.8 and the one before that was like 97.something so yeah.

Its nice to see someone else who isnt wanting to be a doctor just because they get a high UAI, or for the money or because their parents want them to.

IceOnFire

HSC
My parents want me to go into the business/finace/economics direction..

I could be an economist you know.. ;)

IceOnFire

HSC
muttiah said:
lawyers.. hate em
HAHAHA!! :rofl:

Anyways my motivation is that with one year of hard work and no life, I can have a great life later on where I will be earning the big bucks..;)

Also I need to make my parents proud. When I can get them a new house it means I have made it.. :)

Chocolat

HSC
IceOnFire said:
HAHAHA!! :rofl:

Anyways my motivation is that with one year of hard work and no life, I can have a great life later on where I will be earning the big bucks..;)

Also I need to make my parents proud. When I can get them a new house it means I have made it.. :)
I ditto that. Parentals are always telling me that I just have to work my arse off this one year, because in the end it'll be all worth it: I'll (hopefully) get into my desired university course (still unspecified) and in a couple of years will hopefully be in a good job, earning lots of money and leading the lives that they were deprived of.
Lol...yes...I do get told that on a regular basis haha.

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
my motivation is an overseas trip at the end of the hsc. if i dont do well im not going but if i get into the course i want to get into i am going. hard work here i come because i really want to go....

IceOnFire

HSC
I am just so unmotivated right now, because it's near the end of the year and all I want to do is sleep.. :sleep:

Yeah I will get my act together by the second week of the holidays.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)