what is your worst subject at uni? (1 Viewer)

Mr MU

Originally posted by Da Monstar
so far, i havent really disliked any subject. but among those ive done, i rekon the worst has been Discrete Mathematics (MATH1081)
i'm fully agree with that!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Either INFS1603 (Bussiness Data Managment) or INFS1611 (Requirments Engineering).

Why is DSS so bad Laz?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
The possible subject is Accounting. And after this semester, I'll never have to do it again. :)
Hear hear :D

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yes, Accounting ranks right up there with Quantative Methods.

ErgoSum

HSC
Well computer scientists should'nt have to do electrical engineering, but software engineers sure as hell should. Check out ieaust.org, software engineering is most definately a devision of electrical engineering. For me, i cant decide whether to keep doing software(which i love) or to change to computer engineering which would have more electrical subjects(which i also greatly enjoy). For anyone who is interested, the 160 compulsary credit point courses for anyone doing software or computer engineering at usyd are listed ... here http://www.ee.usyd.edu.au/ugrad/Degree_Info/se_res.phtml and here http://www.ee.usyd.edu.au/ugrad/Degree_Info/ce_res.phtml

My worst subject at Uni is physics. Not because i dislike it, but because it seems to the subject that i need to spend 90% of my time and its only one course out of 5. But otoh, the stuff you learn, last semester was forces, motion and waves (all extrememly neccesary for game design/graphics) and this semester electronics(from an atomic perspective) and quantum physics, is very Useful to know.
Bottom line
USYD and UNSW are both good for software engineering, but they both have slightly differing defintions of what a software engineer is.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
haha...I think i'm gonna get smacked, but Accounting is my most interesting subject!

worst...definately Quantitative Methods B - STATISTICS!!!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
how boring is macro!
mainly coz I already kno most of the concepts...

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Okay, check this course out
Biometry = a cross between maths, statistics and computing. ugh, I cant think of a worse combination. thank god I only had to do it for a semester.
second worst is agricultural economics. For a subject only worth 3 credit points, it takes up way too much time.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Minai
haha...I think i'm gonna get smacked, but Accounting is my most interesting subject!

worst...definately Quantitative Methods B - STATISTICS!!!!
I bet you spend all week looking forward to Monday morning with Claudia ;) :p

QMB is shit, but you can get away with not going to lectures. Stats might be useful for finance too.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
i have to say economics, i have never done eco b4 in my life and gawd it really sucks.... l
Econ rock! (Esp at MQ) ... Or maybe it's just me. :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by kini mini
I bet you spend all week looking forward to Monday morning with Claudia ;) :p

QMB is shit, but you can get away with not going to lectures. Stats might be useful for finance too.
Oh yes!
rofl, I find the content in lectures pretty interesting, mainly because I havent done it before, unlike Macroeconomics

I guess stats is useful - apparently it gets more interesting as we start the econometrics type topics such as regression

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
I done stats last semester - trust me; regression isn't that exciting :) But i must admit I find regression really helpful for management accounting this semester as we have to do it for cost allocation for the MOH overhead..

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
i wont be doing accounting LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)