What Kind of marks are you guys receiving from the MedEntry practice papers? (1 Viewer)

vizman

HSC
drynxz said:
Lol im quite opposite to everyone here.. just did a EI test and realised im in the bottom 10% of people for EI, thus im failing section 2 -_-

my latest tests:

section 1: 31/44 (71 percentile)
section 2: 21/33 (bottom 20 percentile -________-")
section 3: 28/30 (99 percentile)

im willing to trade tips for some sections if anyone gives me tips for section 2 which im completely crap in ><
i think all you need to do is just look at it from a number of perspectives. what I found is usually the one you think it is, is usually right one.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
LottoX said:
Around 50th for Section 1, 20-30th for Section 2 and 60-70th in Section 3. I got 100, 37 then 100 in the real thing though! =) So they're kind of... inaccurate... Yeah =/
:eek: I hope I can get something as awesome as those percentiles!

EDIT: Hey Lotto, how would you rate MedEntry's practice papers compared to the actual UMAT?

Be brutally honest, no need to tell us that MedEntry is harder or vice versa to make us feel better.

Last edited:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
~shinigami~ said:
:eek: I hope I can get something as awesome as those percentiles!

EDIT: Hey Lotto, how would you rate MedEntry's practice papers compared to the actual UMAT?

Be brutally honest, no need to tell us that MedEntry is harder or vice versa to make us feel better.
I second that.

LottoX said:
Around 50th for Section 1, 20-30th for Section 2 and 60-70th in Section 3. I got 100, 37 then 100 in the real thing though! =) So they're kind of... inaccurate... Yeah =/
Those are amazing, nice work, hopefully the same thing will happen to us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
LottoX said:
MedEntry is harder. Definitely. Might just be me though =)

I didn't even do all of them... =P

Kind of a waste... =(
Hmmm, i still reckon it might be of similar difficulty. How much harder would you say it was Lotto?

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
LottoX said:
Section 1 was more confusing.
Section 2 just sucks for me, so I don't know.
The patterns in Section 3 were just really, really random for me.
And these are the MedEntry practice exams as opposed to the real thing? Oh in section 2, was there much more content to read in the UMAT?

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
LottoX said:
I seriously don't remember for Section 2, but I think it's more than the real thing.

Section 1 was more confusing in MedEntry
Section 3 had more random (complex) patterns in the MedEntry questions
So more content in the actual UMAT for section 2?

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
it's great that you guys have high hopes, but also remember that the UMAT is engineered in such a way so that it's fair for all applicants - no advantages for those doing prep. courses etc. I know a guy that 'familiarised' himself with the setting out of the umat test about 2 weeks before hand, and he got a killer overall mark/percentile (whatever lol). All he did was read heaps of books/articles etc in his spare time, was a social person (who studied no emphathy hypotheticals etc) and only did the bare minumum for 'patterns and shapes'. It's just geared that way.

Last edited:

heybashme

HSC
hey im just wondering if any of you guys got your results back for the MedEntry trial exam on the second day of the course, and if so wat were your scores nd percentiles
i personally got pretty crap
section 1 : 22/44
section 2: 26/36
Section 3: 16/30
wat did u guys get?

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
heybashme said:
hey im just wondering if any of you guys got your results back for the MedEntry trial exam on the second day of the course, and if so wat were your scores nd percentiles
i personally got pretty crap
section 1 : 22/44
section 2: 26/36
Section 3: 16/30
wat did u guys get?
Not bad at all, especially cause it was the trial exam. What were your percentiles by the way, cause they are more important than your raw scores.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
LottoX said:
Section 1 was more confusing.
Section 2 just sucks for me, so I don't know.
The patterns in Section 3 were just really, really random for me.
I talked to the lady at MedEntry and she said that the practice exams were about the same if not sometimes easier than the actual UMAT. Well here's a conflict of opinion. I'll just have to see how it goes, and make my own judgement about it.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
the papers you can actually but from acer have questions easier than medentry imo. and those questions come directly from past umat exams

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
1. Raw score
Section 1: 29 / 44
Section 2: 30 / 36
Section 3: 18 / 30

2. Percentile ranking in relation to nationwide MedEntry UMAT cohort
Section 1: 80
Section 2: 95
Section 3: 85

Apparently i did pretty well in the medentry trial test, but considering that i'm getting much better raw scores in the medentry online tests but yet i'm getting much lower percentiles (low 40s in a certain evil section), i'm guessing that the trial test was easier than the online tests.... which sucks, coz i thought i was ok.... :(

drakonfire

HSC
well mi scores are pretty sucky tooo

first section rereeli bad

second section --> 23/36
thrid ----> 22/30
:worried:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
ssejamafone said:
1. Raw score
Section 1: 29 / 44
Section 2: 30 / 36
Section 3: 18 / 30

2. Percentile ranking in relation to nationwide MedEntry UMAT cohort
Section 1: 80
Section 2: 95
Section 3: 85

Apparently i did pretty well in the medentry trial test, but considering that i'm getting much better raw scores in the medentry online tests but yet i'm getting much lower percentiles (low 40s in a certain evil section), i'm guessing that the trial test was easier than the online tests.... which sucks, coz i thought i was ok.... :(
Nice work, nope, the trial exam was actually much harder than the MedEntry practice exams. For some reason i got higher percentiles in the trials then i did on the MedEntry practice papers :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)