• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What mark do u need to get an E4 in 4u? (1 Viewer)

qqmore

HSC
From what I've heard, comparing last years results, you need around 70% for an E4 that is something like 8x/120. I reckon 80~86% i.e. 95~102/120 will get u mid 90s and 102+/120 will get you 95+. But since the marks distribution is a bell curve, you would need high 11x/120 to get the top marks.

friction

HSC
@ qqmore do you think you will need more then in Ext 1 to get a top band because that is about 70%. Also i agree to get 95 you will need aobut 80% - 85% and i dont think many get above that.

lilley.matthew

HSC
I got 49 in 3u last year- and after going through the paper with friends that was for a raw score of about 89%. Ergo, i would imagine that a score of around 80% in 4u will get a similar mark (95+) because the time constraints are worse and questions are significantly harder

friction

HSC
Yea about 80% will be a 95 for sure in Ext 2 as i reckon its about 65% for a 90. And the gaps get bigger as it gets closer to 100.

And really 90% got you 98. I really think i should stop studying Ext 1 then because i have got 77 or 78 on my last 4 past HSC's.

Does anyone know what a state ranking would be in Ext 1. I would assume 82+ ??

Zeber

HSC
friction said:
Yea about 80% will be a 95 for sure in Ext 2 as i reckon its about 65% for a 90. And the gaps get bigger as it gets closer to 100.

And really 90% got you 98. I really think i should stop studying Ext 1 then because i have got 77 or 78 on my last 4 past HSC's.

Does anyone know what a state ranking would be in Ext 1. I would assume 82+ ??
That's a pretty poor mark.

Zeber

HSC
friction said:
Is that a joke or are u being serious 77,78/84 is bad.
i'm serious, review your 3unit.

i'm in year 9 and i'm getting 80's/84

friction

HSC
OK then your a legend. If your getting 80s you will be easily top of the state in year 12 and this year u should be get very close to a ranking as u still have time to improve.

llubu2

HSC
Zeber said:
i'm serious, review your 3unit.

i'm in year 9 and i'm getting 80's/84
we'd admire you if you took off that pompous attitude.
Yes, you are naturally smart, talented, many of us aren't and we require the hard work. you dont.
So stop being an ass and look more forward to supporting others and not putting them down.

Zeber

HSC
llubu2 said:
we'd admire you if you took off that pompous attitude.
Yes, you are naturally smart, talented, many of us aren't and we require the hard work. you dont.
So stop being an ass and look more forward to supporting others and not putting them down.
this is out of character of me, i apologise but if you've actually looked at frictions' posts, he's the one being an arrogant shit.

he talks up doing questions yet never provides a solution to questions given. he talks up about how he should 'stop studying for 3unit' cause it is easy, along with the whole 'OH IM AVERAGING 85% IN 4UNIT IZ DAT GUD ENUF'.

it's time someone put that pawn in his place.

duy.le

HSC
your in year 9 and ur averaging 80's, dude thats crazy. i remember in year 9 i just learnt the quadratic formula and started trig. wow that was a long time ago, y werent u one of those super crazy ACCELERATED asian kids who do 4 unit in year 9 and pwn face. what school u go to?

Zeber

HSC
duy.le said:
your in year 9 and ur averaging 80's, dude thats crazy. i remember in year 9 i just learnt the quadratic formula and started trig. wow that was a long time ago, y werent u one of those super crazy ACCELERATED asian kids who do 4 unit in year 9 and pwn face. what school u go to?
grafton high school.

i didn't want to accelerate because i enjoy my grade too much, dad's a math teacher so he just teaches me when i'm bored.

undalay

HSC
Zeber said:
grafton high school.

i didn't want to accelerate because i enjoy my grade too much, dad's a math teacher so he just teaches me when i'm bored.
That's fail man.
You should accelerate, just because u accelerate in 3 units doesn't mean you wont see your grade.
If you accelerate, it will make your yr 12 a piece of cake.

Zeber

HSC
i'll think about it next year. i already find it a piece of cake though, so i might learn uni stuff or something in year 11/12.

undalay

HSC
When i say piece of cake I mean, for example if u accelerate 4units of math, then during yr 12 u can do only 6 units.

This will obviously greatly reduce your workload.
Or you could do some other subjects of interest.

nisseltaria

HSC
If you accelerate now you could apply to do a Distinction course.
It's your choice, I just know that if I could go back to Yr9 now I would accelerate.
Back then I was the new girl in the school and wanted to get to know people in my grade without being the "crazy, smart one" (and that worked sooo well) so I chose not to. I was bored as hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)