What marks do you expect/want to get? (2 Viewers)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
if i wrote like 6 pages on King Lear but didnt really answer the question.. wat kind of shit mark can i expect ? i.e. like many others i didnt focus on the characterisation of lear

Bookie

Banned
HSC
if any of you expect over 45 you honestly mean it, or you suck a lot and your school marks very easily. DO NOT BASE IT ON YOUR TRIALS.

be honest. thank you riv, joesmith, and sparcod. the rest of you are all up yourselves [unless you really are good. webby and lottox that means you]

or maybe im just jealous, but the way you guys are predicting it friggin everyones gonna get over 80%, and the average band 6 response is 85%. be realistic.

A: 17/20
B: 10/20
C: 16/20

43/60.

Ragetallica

HSC
I love how disappointed people will be once they realise they arent all going to get what their trial mark is. Im sick of hearing bullshit that "i wrote a whole booklet" etc. or that you are expecting 18+ in each essay.. sure you may be a good student and although you'll say you dont have easy markers at your school you simply dont know until you get your results from this test

jackal8

HSC
joesmith1975 said:
fkn ppl who expect 18+ in there paper piss me off because they have less tight markers are their school compared to most of us who have tight ass markers
17/20
19 or 20/20
15 or 16/20

sorry we do have hard or 'tight' markers at our school...

i guess you have to accept that a lot of people are just smarter than you.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
A (The Pardoner's Tale/A Simple Plan) - 17
B (Cloudstreet: The Gay Book with a Shite Question) - 13
C (FRONTLINE!!!) - 18

during reading time, Cloudstreet's question just put me off its BS

really confident with the other 2, actually enjoyed it for a moment

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
jackal8 said:
17/20
19 or 20/20
15 or 16/20

wokkunt?

what was your rank?

thats some pretty high predictions.

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
15-16/20 - BNW/BR
14/20 - LEAR
16-17/20 - FRONTLINE

Got 45 for trials, hope I get it again

Cabrello

HSC
Bookie said:
jackal8 said:
17/20
19 or 20/20
15 or 16/20

wokkunt?

what was your rank?

thats some pretty high predictions.

This is why nobody should ever start threads like this, I posted so I really can't complain and I didn't even see this happening (lets bring my marks down 1 or 2 for nto seeing this happening)

To be absolutely honest I doubt any of us can really predict our marks because different schools have different standards, I think my school marks tough, but for all I know they may be among the easiest markers in the state, but if they are my school is set to plummet even further down in the school ranks - for our trials we averaged something like 72% for the grade and we're ranked 21st in the state

thats why my marks are higher than what I thought I did in the trials, mostly coz I carked it on the trials and also because I don't think a school ranked that highly can do that badly for english

Bookie

Banned
HSC
well, in that certain case 'jackal8' is a friend of mine who attends my school.

So I know what relative level he's talking about. but if he thinks he can get 20 in Mod B - power to him.

sarah89

HSC
hmmmm i really always end up being surprised at my marks but here goes:
paper 1
s1= 13/15....maybe 14 but thatd be a stretch
s2= 15/15.... used my prepared piece but framed it with the old guy telling a story about a diary entry about when he lapsed into a schizophrenic episode left his family and discovered himself by escaping the physical landscape and realising the power of his imagination
s3= 14/15...imaginative journeys essay was a gift. awesome
just hoping ill get 40+/45....

paper 2 (eeeek!)
A (in the wild) pretty happy....should be looking at 19 or so
B (king lear) eeeek not so good. would be stoked with 15
C (powerplay) thinking possibly 18. analysed and evaluated fairly well.

overall for english....hoping to crack the 90 mark....maybe 94 or so??
(got 95/105 for the trial)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
sarah89 said:
overall for english....hoping to crack the 90 mark....maybe 94 or so??
(got 95/105 for the trial)
wow. from lismore?

jackal8 said:
Yeah Bookie my rank was 7th in our grade.
ok, i retract my surprise.
ATTN: OTHER PEOPLE - He's being serious, he really can attain those hardcore marks.
prick. I was 89th :(

joshay

HSC
Cabrello said:
To be absolutely honest I doubt any of us can really predict our marks because different schools have different standards, I think my school marks tough, but for all I know they may be among the easiest markers in the state, but if they are my school is set to plummet even further down in the school ranks - for our trials we averaged something like 72% for the grade and we're ranked 21st in the state

thats why my marks are higher than what I thought I did in the trials, mostly coz I carked it on the trials and also because I don't think a school ranked that highly can do that badly for english
Its bloody tough to compare; there's >60,000 students, not everyone can get a band 6! Only 10% can but ppl always think bcoz its hsc its possible bcoz there up against ppl from 'other schools'. Meh. We'l see sooner or later

A: 18.5+/20
B: 17+
C: 17+

our school; 10th in the state:) hehe

crazedmo2003

HSC
Argh, I really don't like pulling rank, it's an arsehole thing to do, but I can tell over half of you are bullshitting. Esp the "OMGZ I GOT 124/105 for trials and I will get 420/20, 20/20, x/20 (where x is an exponentially increasing variable, depending on the amount of time passed in the seconds)"

Okay, here's what I'm expecting from my trial marks.

16/20 mod A
16/20 mod B
16/20 mod C

hence 48/60

(For my trials I got 50/60)

I'm not sure if I got band 6, but assuming my school's statistics aren't off by a hilariously large margin I should have gotten around low band 6.

Okay, now, here's the bit where I hate doing. Pullinh school rank. It's always an asshole thing to do but to prove a point I'm going to have to do it.

I come from Baulkham Hills.

Baulkham mother-frackin Hills. We have an annual 55% over band 6 for English Advanced. And with those scores I'm ranked 70/180. Which means that if all of you are getting what you say you are, we're looking at a state where around 50% of the people inexplicably gets band 6.

So, unless you're from Ruse, NSGH, SGH, or Hornsby Girls, or you're ranked in the top 10% within your school or something, kindly shut the hell up about your awesome prowess.

(This is not aimed at anybody in particular, but some of you are really getting far too cocky, when I talk to Ruse, Baulko and SGH people who all believe they've screwed it up to no end)

3li

HSC
N/A
20/20 bnw was a joke
18/20 bit lacking here
17+/20 lacking as well

trials got 181818 go to nsb

Bookie

Banned
HSC
crazedmo2003 said:
So, unless you're from Ruse, NSGH, SGH, or Hornsby Girls, or you're ranked in the top 10% within your school or something, kindly shut the hell up about your awesome prowess.
forget us :(

serves us for being the worst selective school at english

BUT NO LONGER. FOR THIS YEAR, THERE WILL BE 50 BAND 6'S MINIMUM.

Cabrello

HSC
crazedmo2003 said:
I come from Baulkham Hills.
This is petty, but in recent years I don't think anyone in Fort Street holds anything over Baulkum (any more at least anyway).

We stole your deputy. We stole your deputy....thats right I'm a mature, responsible year 12 student.

Chrispy

vote for dtp = <3
HSC
Module 1: 16/20, although I really have no idea
Module 2: 15/20 if I'm lucky
Module 3: 15-16/20, simply because I actually answered the question asked for Frontline, unlike at least half of the rest of the stupid state

total: 47/60 (I need band 6 though)

H.A.L.

HSC
Problem is that everyone thinks that their interpretation of the question, and the opinion that they gave was mostly correct, when in reality they could have been dead wrong. Predict at you own peril. However I do agree with Bookie, Jackal8 appears to be a complete toss-bucket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)