what maths for eco?! (1 Viewer)

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys and girls, :)
my subject selection for year 11 and 12 is next week. i want to know what maths i should choose for eco and what are you currently doing & any advantages over 3u than 2u?
[i plan on doing 2 or 3u (likely 2)]

thanks xP

Last edited:
HSC
i would say for hsc economics two unit maths is more than enough. for any subject that uses maths two unit is good enough. bar three/four unit.

Teddy Lee

HSC
Maths isn't crucial for success in economics. My friend doesn't do maths at all and she's fine. Then again, the girl that's coming first does 4u :)

But no, it really doesn't matter. I do 3u and it's not really advantageous at all. The maths in eco is really simple stuff. It's not like you have to work out the area beneath Lorenz curves using integration or anything.

So my advice is, don't just do maths to supplement eco.

TYCOT

Imperium
HSC
if u can solve basic algebra thats enough, but i guess whatevers comfortable with you..

i'd personally recommend at least 2unit

gnrlies

HSC
a 5 year old who can count to 10 would have all the maths required in economics

Its only in uni when a good grasp of differential calculus, and statistics is necessary. HSC economics is 99% qualitative. There are questions that require you to calculate simple things based on equations that you are given, but seriously no harder than year 8 maths realistically

redom

HSC
gnrlies said:
a 5 year old who can count to 10 would have all the maths required in economics

Its only in uni when a good grasp of differential calculus, and statistics is necessary. HSC economics is 99% qualitative. There are questions that require you to calculate simple things based on equations that you are given, but seriously no harder than year 8 maths realistically

ahah well its slightly exagerated, but the maths is preety simple in economics. generally speaking though, the person that doesnt doo maths in my class tends to struggle a little with quantative work, which is minimal. And the person coming 1st, is a 4u kid. This is probably a simple coincidence.

Dont really worry about which maths is required, 2u is more then sufficient.

HSC
N/A
回复: what maths for eco?!

assumed subject for commerce is often 4u or 3u...
but it's just "preferable but not essential as we will train you"......xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)