What music do you listen to whilst studying? (1 Viewer)

richey

HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
All instrumental songs I listen to are from OST's. Some of them are actually really lively, but as long as they're at a low volume, I don't get distracted by them, if that help <.<;
yeah I found that I have a few OST, mainly off the Halo Soundtrack and Lord of the Rings

that-dro

HSC
lupe fiasco or anythin produced by kanye west. crazy soaring beats an shit excites but keeps u on task, or maybe i jus got skillz

perfekshunist

HSC
ooooh ministry of sound is the bomb!:bomb:

intrumental music is boring, try chillouts sessions or progressive house/trance tracks. they tend to work for me =D

i suggest downloading tracks by = cafe del mar .. classy catchy beats and tunes, keeps you calm and sane during the time of chaos :)

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
4 me
whilst studying 4 maths
the radio has to b on
i duno y but it just helps
especially todayfm
i honestly dont know y
lol
so wat music do you listen to whilst studying?
(thats if u do listen to music :p)

beentherdunthat

HSC
:wave: Michelle Branch recently has dominated my Mp3 player... and Linkin Park... and ... some hip-hop.. I HATE PRETTY RICKY (BOLD FOR EMPHASIS !!! )
Good Charlotte as well.

I don't really listen... it's more it keeps the concentration part of my brain OPEN hahahahahaha :)

richey

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
:wave: Michelle Branch recently has dominated my Mp3 player... and Linkin Park... and ... some hip-hop.. I HATE PRETTY RICKY (BOLD FOR EMPHASIS !!! )
Good Charlotte as well.

I don't really listen... it's more it keeps the concentration part of my brain OPEN hahahahahaha :)
Linkin Park Yew!! Yeah thats what dominates my playlist, mainly the new album... that and some hip hop tracks.. I usually listen to something with more music than vocals, I tend to get distracted listening to the vocals of the song, if that makes sence??

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
I listen to the sounds of my pen scratching across the paper (none at all)
If I'm listening to tunes while I work I'm not as productive, but when I occasionally do it's usually Aus HipHop or Rock- anything else just gets the blood going and I concentrate even less

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
Apparently Baroque (sp?) is said to be the best music to listen to because it keeps the same beats as the thinking brain.
I find music distracting most of the time and just a lot of effort to block it out and think. That and I think if I get used to it and not have it in the exam I'll suffer.

Popcorn is also meant to help the brain retain information...mmm popcorn.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Either Jpop or instrumental music. In Jpop's case, I keep the volume low so that it actually helps instead of distract me like it will if the volume is high.

I somewhat listen to Linkin Park and Evanescence, I guess, but I don't listen to either of them during study. More like I haven't tried, but they're rock, (Metal? Can't differentiate <.<; ) so I'll prolly get distracted with them during study

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
apparantly chewing gum is helpful coz it helps stimulate the brain....
well so i heard..
but if ur guna try it dont 4get
chewin gum regularly may have a laxative effect :p
and we wuddn want that in exam times like these :D

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
Either Jpop or instrumental music. In Jpop's case, I keep the volume low so that it actually helps instead of distract me like it will if the volume is high.

I somewhat listen to Linkin Park and Evanescence, I guess, but I don't listen to either of them during study. More like I haven't tried, but they're rock, (Metal? Can't differentiate <.<; ) so I'll prolly get distracted with them during study
agree.

richey

HSC
yeah i have been told by many teachers that instrumental works well, though the only instrumental music I have is the music used in age of empires III! lol

does anyone have any suggestion on some instrumental music thats good to study with?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I've been listening to jazz these trials, some from a mixed album and the rest Joshua Redman. Also Radiohead, mainly Kid A because it doesn't distract me like the melodies of their other albums. Although those are still good to listen to.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
All instrumental songs I listen to are from OST's. Some of them are actually really lively, but as long as they're at a low volume, I don't get distracted by them, if that help <.<;

amyg238

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I've been listening to jazz these trials, some from a mixed album and the rest Joshua Redman. Also Radiohead, mainly Kid A because it doesn't distract me like the melodies of their other albums. Although those are still good to listen to.
Radiohead: :)
I also listen to Muse while I study... and sometimes Death Cab For Cutie.
I can listen to metal or hardcore or whatever as long as its really soft.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
amyg238 said:
Radiohead: :)
I also listen to Muse while I study... and sometimes Death Cab For Cutie.
I can listen to metal or hardcore or whatever as long as its really soft.
:)

I can't listen to Muse when I study because the guitars distract me :(

I do when I do assignments though.

Last edited:

DaveG

HSC
I find that listening to Pink Floyd is rather good when studying.
Especially the really long instrumental songs (atom heart mother, echoes....)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
DaveG said:
I find that listening to Pink Floyd is rather good when studying.
Especially the really long instrumental songs (atom heart mother, echoes....)
Nice idea, I might put on DSOTM for my next session

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)