What music do you listen to whilst studying? (1 Viewer)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Hip hop is not my thing. I think the lyrics are disgusting sometimes, and they have no sentimental meaning. I mean, take 'unfaithful' by raihana... thats such a WRONG thing to do, but since she's SINGING it with such an emotive voice, everyone suddenly thinks it's okay to be a whore. :eek:
Rihanna isn't a hip hop artist. She's a glorified pop singer. It's also unfair to tar all of hip hop with the sexually obsessed brush of gangsta, crunk and R&B.

Last edited:

Kmara2nv

HSC
i like listening to system of a down or linkin park or if im in the moooood metal music like parkway drive or slipknoott really keeeps me motivated while studying lol

HSC
Kmara2nv said:
i like listening to system of a down or linkin park or if im in the moooood metal music like parkway drive or slipknoott really keeeps me motivated while studying lol
What you view "Metal" is fucking laughable. Metalcore =/= Metal. It is the scourge of the Earth. If you think Slipknot is in any way heavy metal, I suggest you to listen to "Darkness Descends" by Dark Angel or "Beneath the Remains" by Sepultura.

On Topic: I get too distracted by music when I study, so I don't tend to listen to it.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Spirit Crusher said:
What you view "Metal" is fucking laughable. Metalcore =/= Metal. It is the scourge of the Earth. If you think Slipknot is in any way heavy metal, I suggest you to listen to "Darkness Descends" by Dark Angel or "Beneath the Remains" by Sepultura.

On Topic: I get too distracted by music when I study, so I don't tend to listen to it.
Different people have different opinions -.-

beentherdunthat

HSC
Triangulum said:
Rihanna isn't a hip hop artist.
Aye, my mistake XD
Nonetheless, the song does make an awkward statement.

Triangulum said:
It's also unfair to tar all of hip hop with the sexually obsessed brush of gangsta, crunk and R&B.
Fair enough.

beentherdunthat said:
Hip hop is not my thing. I think the lyrics are disgusting sometimes..
lol ;)

dukey

HSC
I can't study whilst listening to music but before I study I tend to listen to some RnB/Hip Hop, Happy Hardcore, Trance!!

wendybird

HSC
Trip-hop/ Trance

-Air, Morcheeba, Portishead.

Icelandic stuff

- Sigur ros, Bjork

Folky/ Bluey Grassroots

- Devandra Banhart, Joanna Newsom, Joan Baez

and also Radiohead, Broken Social Scene, Arcade Fire

( i need music to study:))

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
The motivational momentum exerted by the awesomeness and beauty of T.M. Revolution's songs (Meteor in particular) is truly effective :).

anderu said:
hahahahaahaha I do that too~ but the loud bass keeps me awake definately lol

@Chinmoku03: narr my brain goes slower when I do do English with the music on sometimes I cant even get the word out or mispell =/
Many of my texts in English are not contemporary so contemporary music will be much less effective :(.

sayrah64

HSC
I usually just listen to the radio (triple J)...which is really distracting.

Legham

HSC
I listen to the exact same stuff as any other time.. Black metal, Death metal, Folk Metal, Melodic Metal and all combinations of the 4..

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
hardstyleeee ftw! =D
that way i can shuffle with my feet when i do an equation =p
plus the excessive beats n bass separate me + work from the rest of the world

xsavagex

HSC
i can't concentrate with music, i end up writing out random lyrics in my notes and then when i read back over them it makes no sense whatsoever.

i turn the heater on and its like an air one and the noise helps me concentrate so when i turn it off i get distracted.
thats gonna suck when it gets hot though =[

pretty.in.punk

Totally The Bomb...
HSC
man, compared to you guys i'm a total lame-ass softy when it comes to my study music :sleep: ! I listen to all kinds of music during the day, mostly more alternative/metal/rock ect. I go from listening to the "And Justice For All" album, and scream my lungs off for hours until it comes to studytime. My study music it's usually more chillaxed so that it's more like background music.

Ani Difranco pulled me through some reeeal intensive hours of study, and Brooke Fraser's first album was played non-stop last year for me during my Ancient History study days (which is sad, because now i can't listen to that beautiful album without thinking of greek hairy warriors and Persian dudes with crazy names lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)