What parts of Prelim Physics is in the HSC? (1 Viewer)

John_Halo

HSC
I'm heading into the HSC next year and wanted to know if all parts of Prelim needs to be revised or just certain parts

O01x

HSC
The basic stuff like SUVAT, several wave stuff in Module 3 (Resonance, standing waves), conservation of energy and work done, momentum etc. Not too much stuff honestly from Yr 11 is in yr 12

John_Halo

HSC
The basic stuff like SUVAT, several wave stuff in Module 3 (Resonance, standing waves), conservation of energy and work done, momentum etc. Not too much stuff honestly from Yr 11 is in yr 12
Thank you, I thought that all of the content was going to be carried over and was a little stressed on how I retain a years worth of content.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
If you're a bit shaky on kinematics/dynamics, you're going to experience a bit off difficulty in Advanced Mechanics because you have to be able to manipulate equations to a competent level whereas in prelims you could have gotten away with simply memorising all the form of suvat equations and choosing certain equations that fit the variables. I doubt you should be worried about retaining memory of the prelim course because you should have some form of study notes.

Thermodynamics and Circuits are the only topics that are obsolete for HSC from memory, the rest of the prelim content seem to come up somewhere directly or indirectly.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)