What pisses you off about TV? (1 Viewer)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thanks to bittorrent and dvds i no longer have any complaints about tv. i just don't watch it anymore. problem solved

nerd2die7

HSC
That AAMI ad with the red screen and the people chatting away in the background. The lot of them shit me to tears.

stainmepink

HSC
yenta said:
In light of the article in this week's The Guide, what do commercial networks do that give you the shits? For me it's the chopping and changing of a TV show's scheduled times, and especially when they show a new episode, then the following week a repeat, then a new one! Like we won't notice???! This happened a lot with Friends and The Simpsons last yr. Also, (mainly channel 10 doing this), the misleading advertising of programs. I remember one episode of the Simpsons they go "the simpsons are lost" implying it would be a pisstake of Lost but no, it was nothing of the sort. And also their 5 odd weeks of advertising "girl on girl" for the OC when it wasn't. /rant So what pisses you guys off?

bec cartright. shes seems like a nice person but shes got the most annoying voice. remember at the logies? she said something like

"oh WOW! I cant believe this! i believe i actually won an award! and LOOK! its even got my name on it!"

WELL YEHHH what the fuck else is it going to have on it?!?!?

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
what pisses me off about tv - stupid hoe bec cartwright. :chainsaw:

btw, her dress at the logies was hideous.

HSC
Annegelic said:
what pisses me off about tv - stupid hoe bec cartwright. :chainsaw:

btw, her dress at the logies was hideous.
Yes, yes she did. Anyone who manages to look that ugly in Lisa Ho should not be on television.

And to support others, i get really pissed off when sex is used in advertising for no reason.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
crazyhomo said:
thanks to bittorrent and dvds i no longer have any complaints about tv. i just don't watch it anymore. problem solved
lol theres one thing tood about US broadcasts, theres no break bumpers that have the theme song blaring in the background before going to a break. They just fade to black. You still get your fair share of banner ads and programme graphics (esp NBC) and split screen credits (thats if its on ethe download in the first place)

mishka

HSC
N/A
Atotoi said:
I ABSOLUTELY HATE AXLE WHITEHEAD...

he gives me the shits for the entire morning everytime i see him on tv....his stupid hand gestures, his lame wigga attempt at being a homeboy and "down with the crew"....his stupid voices when he announces stuff...

now that Joel Turner has been recruited by 10 to go on video hits is just as bad.... he was doing the voiceover thingo for one of the prizepacks, that fool couldnt go a sentence without trying to sound like the Audio guy from Police Academy.....

I hate them both!!!
arghhhhh
i saw axle at miranda the other day... he was commentating some jumping castle race thing.. quite bizarre.

i'm getting sick of ads, any ads that have some lame double meaning.

and i liked dancing with the stars, but i DON'T like the way they've extended the show by doing the analyses of each dancer. and todd mckinney's joggers are ANNOYING. they're falling apart and *auuugggh*

and i hate flicking through foxtel's 40 something channels and there being NOTHING ON!!! :mad:

and i don't like the stupid "jackass" shows - they really annoy me... why hurt yourself and do all those stupid things for laughs, my god, do they really have nothing to do with their lives?????

that is all. :p

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
ten's BB advertising is really giving me the shits. Yes ok, we get it, there's some exciting new twist amongst other unmissable things, whatever, shut the fuck up about it! I really hate it when networks over-advertise for programs, showing about 5 times as many ads for it as they need to

7th Sign

HSC
pfft i dont wotch tv no need to australia get every thing soo late

i download all mine...

*Pimp my ride up to season 3 ep 8
*Desprate howives like ep 21
*Oc like ep 22
*Lost like ep 20

like 10 episodes before australia....

i just burn 2 dvd and wotch on tv.

i got a divx dvd player their the shit u can have like 10 hq tv eps on 1 disc....

no adds + no bs

i wouldnt waste my time with tv....

HSC
7th Sign said:
pfft i dont wotch tv no need to australia get every thing soo late

i download all mine...

*Pimp my ride up to season 3 ep 8
*Desprate howives like ep 21
*Oc like ep 22
*Lost like ep 20

like 10 episodes before australia....

i just burn 2 dvd and wotch on tv.

i got a divx dvd player their the shit u can have like 10 hq tv eps on 1 disc....

no adds + no bs

i wouldnt waste my time with tv....

watprogramdo u use to burn ur eps to DVD??
cuz i have so many OC, Lost, etc eps thati want to burn t dvdbut several burning programs wont let me???? TA

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
what annoys me is when there is a law/police show on every single channel except one (where the news will be on). dammit! hate law shows. and i hate how on sunday mornings all the business and sport shows are on. and i don't like rove. and hate that there's nothing else to watch on tv during the rove time slot. thats wen i turn the tv off.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i hate weekend sports. Driving (HATE HATE HATE stupid freaking morons driving in circles around a circuit. Sorry but i dont see the freaking point!) and motorbikes and AFL and cricket and all that garbage.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
andrew o'keefe hes the deal or no deal guy right....

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
T.V is 98% shit. Have to admit, watching TV is one of those things you do that wastes too much time, yet you're too lazy to stop doing.

Pay T.V isn't much of an improvement. I only watch history channel and the film channels. Everything else sucks. And Discovery gradually became a channel about motorcycles, what the fuck is that all about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)