• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What Preliminary Topics will there be in HSC Maths? (1 Viewer)

WTF o_O

HSC
from yr 11...
i think co-ordinate geometry and plane geometry will be in there, what else?

i want to get my prelim topcs thorough before i start past hsc/trial papers

hscishard

HSC
Everything can be tested, but only parts of it gets tested.

You can even get number questions like 2+3. Obviously a bit harder.

WTF o_O

HSC
Everything can be tested, but only parts of it gets tested.

You can even get number questions like 2+3. Obviously a bit harder.

wtf thats stupid... it takes hundreds of hours just to study the yr 12 topics itself... its bullshit

random-1005

Banned
HSC
wtf thats stupid... it takes hundreds of hours just to study the yr 12 topics itself... its bullshit
1/2 of yr11 is revision of yr7-10 and getting really good at manipulating expressions and solving equations which are very important for the hsc

Existential

HSC
N/A
"No more than the equivalent of two questions will be based on the Preliminary course. Questions from the Preliminary course will be short and represent a minor part of a total question. Marks can be awarded for demonstration of knowledge and skills from the Preliminary course (or earlier) when required for questions on the HSC course. That is, questions based on the Preliminary course can be asked when they lead in to questions based on topics from the HSC course. Marks from these lead-in questions will not be counted in the two-question allowance from the Preliminary course."
- Board of Studies NSW.

NB. There will be changes in 2011.

Existential

HSC
N/A
What changes?
"For Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2 there are no changes to the syllabus content to be studied in 2010 or in 2011 nor the HSC assessment and examination requirements for 2010. Advice will be provided as soon as practicable in relation to developing revised HSC assessment and examination requirements for implementation with Year 12 2011, in response to the Board’s decision in December 2008 on changes to assessment and examination requirements across the HSC program."
- Board of Studies NSW

These changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)