What program to use? (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

ok so i've just downloaded a couple of video clips, only to find that they don't work. They're .mov files, and i was wondering if anybody knows what program i can download to be to watch these files, or if there's like a "patch"(i dunno what they're called) that i can download so that i can watch it on my windows media player thing.

Anyone got any ideas?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
try a "vlc player". <-- www.google.com

i've heard its good. but i have never had the need with windows media player 10 (maybe give that a try if you already havent?)

edit: in skimming thru i missed the *.mov part. :p

MouNtY

lol all good, so i can use this quicktime thing rite? is there like a new version of WMP that is able to play the files? my preference has just always been WMP, but if there's nothing else it's all good

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
You will need a codec pack if you wish to play these files in WMP. Search google for the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack this will allow you to play the files in WMP without having quicktime program installed.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
WMP can't play .mov files out of the box, so you will need Quicktime (or you can get a codec, like Kid.@dmin suggests). As a general rule, WMP + Quicktime will play pretty much anything out there. :)

I_F

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)