What questions did you get wrong? (1 Viewer)

Scorch

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Yeah I forgot how to find the area of a rhombus too. I used 1/2 times the diagonals which I think is right. It came out with a nice number, anyway.
A = 1/2(xy) I am pretty sure.

I just realised, looking at the solutions, I think I messed up 4)c) iv and v ... did they mean the sum of all shaded regions as in everything shaded (the circles as well or just OACB)?

I'm not sure whether I messed up the acceleration bit of 5 b)ii), but I'm pretty sure I got the other bit right.

I was surprised to learn that I got 6a right.

Other than that, 8a completely screwed me over (I didn't think to use simultaneous equations) and I didn't have time to check out 8b, but I may have got more right than I expected.

SimoneL

HSC
Scorch said:
A = 1/2(xy) I am pretty sure.

I just realised, looking at the solutions, I think I messed up 4)c) iv and v ... did they mean the sum of all shaded regions as in everything shaded (the circles as well or just OACB)?
I thought that question was pretty ambiguous. I just did the area of the 2 circles

Scorch

HSC
SimoneL said:
I thought that question was pretty ambiguous. I just did the area of the 2 circles
So did I, since they had already asked for the area of the only other 'shaded region' I could see, which was the quadrilateral. Of course I must have got it wrong because I forgot to account for the fact that the two circles overlapped, but come to think of it, you would have needed to do all sorts of stuff with segments and what not, and it was only two marks, wasn't it?

iEdd

HSC
It was the complete shaded region. You already did the area of the quad a couple of questions ago. Basically you needed to get the area of the two circles, minus the overlapping segments, plus the quad.

Armenikum

HSC
SimoneL said:
I 100% agree with you. I didnt know what they meant by all shaded - was it the lighter shade, darker shade, both? At least we'll get one mark for working out something :p

samuel slack

HSC
I just did the area of both circles and knew that it must have been wrong, because it was too easy...

kittycarol

HSC
Ahh Got Some Of 10 Part A) But The Rest Non Attempted
But I Ve Always Sucked At Displacement/velocity Curves
Missed Out On 2 Marks Of Probabitliy In 9
The Whole Mobile Fone Question I Didnt Do So Lost Like 5 Marks!!!
For Some Reason I Was A Dum Loser Hoo Used Elimination And Eliminated Everythin And Didnt Think To Use Subsititution
But Thats About It
Never Seen An Exp/decay Question Like That
But The Rest Was Ok And I Ll Prob Make An Arithemetic Errors Somewhere
I Got 82 In The Trials
Which Was Fair Crap Cuz The Average Was Like 95 I Would Say
So I Ll Prob Be Getting N E Where From 80-95/120

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)