What schools aren't offering the 2006 HSC Legal Studies couse? (1 Viewer)

Angelina88

HSC
Which schools aren't offering the 2006 HSC Legal Studies course?

:confused: I heard most of the selective schools aren't offering Legal studies as it a lower scaling subject....what about your school? is this the case there too?? Just curious to see what kind of competition we're up against this year...

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

It's no reason to not offer a subject because it is low scaling, it is only if there isn't a huge demand for the subject, not enough resources to start a class, no qualified teachers etc.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Believe it or not, James Ruse doesn't offer Legal Studies, despite a fair number of people choosing to study Law in university...lol

phrred

HSC
grammar doesnt it either- because of scaling and other reasons

Emma_Kate

HSC
My private school, which is ranked about 11ish doesn't offer legal studies. Athought I doubt many at my school would do it if it were offered.

nice

HSC
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEGAL RANKS U DOWN OH MY GOD
i thought it doesent plus i do stanadrd english and general maths wht tht rank me down plzzzzz help me here

i do subjects stanadrd english, general maths,biology,legal studies and business studies would i get a decent mark and uai/????:eek: :eek:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Pymble Ladies' College doesn't offer it either. I think it's just demand--good schools like Hornsby Girls' do.

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
does canberra grammar do the hsc? i thought the act had a different schooling system.
i'm an 06er and my grade has been the last recently to do legal studies. there werent enough numbers in the grade below, and the grade below that had 5 but they wouldn't run it.
so my sis whos in year 10 this year is taking it up by correspondence, because our school offers that to anyone who wants to do a subject our school doens't offer

biggie walls

HSC
To that dude who said "a fair number of ruse people do law at uni"

You don't need to have studied Legal Studies to do well in Law at uni. What's really needed is excellent English and Debating skills

"Chubby"

HSC
nice said:
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEGAL RANKS U DOWN OH MY GOD
i thought it doesent plus i do stanadrd english and general maths wht tht rank me down plzzzzz help me here

i do subjects stanadrd english, general maths,biology,legal studies and business studies would i get a decent mark and uai/????:eek: :eek:
omg...i do exactly the same subj as u except i do geography besides biology and i know how u feel.

my school offers legal and there are 3 classes of about 15 - 20 people each and i go to a kinda crappy (academic wise) school....NO EFFENCE TO PPL AT MY SCHOOL :)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
biggie walls said:
To that dude who said "a fair number of ruse people do law at uni"

You don't need to have studied Legal Studies to do well in Law at uni. What's really needed is excellent English and Debating skills
you don't even need that good of debating skills. i mean considering only 4 people or so make it into the debating team for each grade in each school right? unless you're doing mooting in which case bring it on.

comparing legal studies with law is like comparing nick carter with timberlake. just like business studies is the 'lesser' form (its established stop refuting) of economics as is senior science etc

Last edited:

ImSoHot

HSC
I go to Hornsby and do it... There's only 11 students doing it this year. Apart from "demand", you gotta remember schools will only offer what their teachers have the ability to teach. Well, you'd think that'd be logical. Hmm.

wce06

HSC
kangarulz said:
does canberra grammar do the hsc? i thought the act had a different schooling system.
Yeah it does - the only school in the ACT to do HSC. 35th in school rankings last year i think

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
i hate the bloody eagles. sorry haha .. hey you're the school with christopher wallis isn't it?

wce06

HSC
haha eagles '07,'08,'09 at least.

i have no idea about christopher wallis, who is he?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)