• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What selective or private school should I try out for entry into year 10? (1 Viewer)

wrapper

HSC
[/QUOTE]
They’re like top 30 I’m pretty sure
[/QUOTE]

well them yea they don't care they accepted ppl from girra and fort street this year

HSC
They’re like top 30 I’m pretty sure
[/QUOTE]

well them yea they don't care they accepted ppl from girra and fort street this year
[/QUOTE]
But I go to a rank 150 school, would they still care?

wrapper

HSC
]
[/QUOTE]

ngl as long as u pass the entrance test they won’t care about ur school and more abt the dxtracirriculars

i’m not sure tho i can ask ppl

HSC
]

ngl as long as u pass the entrance test they won’t care about ur school and more abt the dxtracirriculars

[/QUOTE]
Please do, I also live in Campbeltown which is really far from these schools which doesn’t help my case, and assuming I get all superiors in edutest, do I have a fair shot??? Like what are my chances of getting in percentage wise? Please be honest

wrapper

HSC

Please do, I also live in Campbeltown which is really far from these schools which doesn’t help my case, and assuming I get all superiors in edutest, do I have a fair shot??? Like what are my chances of getting in percentage wise? Please be honest
[/QUOTE]

the fact that u live far away doesn’t change anything since ruse doesn’t care about the travel time,

ok assuming u get all superiors in your test u have a pretty good chance and as long as you have some alright extracirriculars it should be like at least 75 percent??

icl tho cuz ur getting a lot of Bs in a rank 150 school that might influence their decision
i’ll let u know when they respond

HSC

Please do, I also live in Campbeltown which is really far from these schools which doesn’t help my case, and assuming I get all superiors in edutest, do I have a fair shot???
[/QUOTE]
the fact that u live far away doesn’t change anything since ruse doesn’t care about the travel time,

ok assuming u get all superiors in your test u have a pretty good chance and as long as you have some alright extracirriculars it should be like at least 75 percent??

icl tho cuz ur getting a lot of Bs in a rank 150 school that might influence their decision
[/QUOTE]
If I get one B, does that matter a lot though? cause I can bring the others up I’m really close to an A, are you sure it’s 75%? That’s an awfully large chance, with chances like that I can just put ruse, baulko, sbhs

wrapper

HSC
Please do, I also live in Campbeltown which is really far from these schools which doesn’t help my case, and assuming I get all superiors in edutest, do I have a fair shot???

[/QUOTE]
If I get one B, does that matter a lot though? cause I can bring the others up I’m really close to an A, are you sure it’s 75%? That’s an awfully large chance, with chances like that I can just put ruse, baulko, sbhs
[/QUOTE]

it would definitely help if u got straight As

its a 75% chance considering if u got full marks on the edutest? unless if superior isn’t full marks sorry i’m not familiar with edutest

or if getting full marks on an edutest is easier than i thought

HSC

[/QUOTE]

its a 75% chance considering if u got full marks on the edutest? unless if superior isn’t full marks sorry i’m not familiar with edutest

[/QUOTE]
Nah superior isn’t that hard to get, it’s the highest one yet 10% of the people trying out tend to get it

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
Nah 10% of the people sitting the test get it, but it’s the highest one you can get, I don’t think it’s that hard to obtain it, knowing this, what do you think my chances are now approximately for ruse, baulko, sb, fort, hahs cause those are the main schools I’m thinking about trying out for

wrapper

HSC

[/QUOTE]
Nah superior isn’t that hard to get, it’s the highest one yet 10% of the people trying out tend to get it

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
Nah 10% of the people sitting the test get it, but it’s the highest one you can get, I don’t think it’s that hard to obtain it, knowing this, what do you think my chances are now approximately for ruse, baulko, sb, fort, hahs cause those are the main schools I’m thinking about trying out for
[/QUOTE]

look i can’t give u a percentage but off of ur accomplishments i think u can get into sb relatively okay…

hahs/fort are probably easy for u

sorry i was wrong abt the travel time before ill attach some forms that my friend sent me

Attachments

HSC

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

look i can’t give u a percentage but off of ur accomplishments i think u can get into sb relatively okay…

hahs/fort are probably easy for u

sorry i was wrong abt the travel time before ill attach some forms that my friend sent me
[/QUOTE]
That’s okay, thanks so much

Armon

HSC
the real question is why bother trying out for selective? Looks like you just want to do CS and you only need a 90 for the best CS program in the country, which you can trivially get at any public school

HSC
the real question is why bother trying out for selective? Looks like you just want to do CS and you only need a 90 for the best CS program in the country, which you can trivially get at any public school
I just think its a better environment for me, and also the pride that comes with it is priceless

shoulfer

HSC
Can I please have some advice on what school I should try out for entry into year 10? The distance doesn't really matter, and preferably top 50 school. Please note that I currently attend a rank 150 school. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks in advance.

ACADEMIC REPORTS
2023 SEMESTER 2
MATHS- A
ENGLISH- A
SCIENCE- B
GEOGRAPHY- A
HISTORY- A
PDH- A
LANGUAGES- B
MUSIC- B
TECHNOLOGY- A

2024 SEMESTER 1
MATHS- B
ENGLISH- A
SCIENCE- B
HISTORY- A
PDH- A
HISTORY ELECTIVE- B
COMMERCE- A
COMPUTING TECH- A

ACADEMICS ACHIEVEMENTS

ICAS MATHS- High Distinction
ICAS ENGLISH- High Distinction
ICAS SCIENCE- Distinction
92nd percentile in Codewars
1940 rating in Leetcode

Semester One Awards (excellence in all subjects)
All triangles for year 9 NAPLAN
97th percentile in Codewars
2450 rating in Leetcode
Full Marks in English Writing Assessment

SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS

High School's Juniors Cricket Team
Under 14's Cricket Team

MUSICAL ACHIEVEMENTS

Piano
Guitar

Piano
Guitar

DEBATING/CHESS ACHIEVEMENTS

1650 Elo in Chess
Debating Club

2050 Elo in Chess
Chess club
Debating Club

SCHOOL/COMMUNITY ACHIEVEMENTS

Coding Club
Film Club
Business Club
Debating Club

Coding Club
Drama Club
Cognitive Thinking Club
Poetry Club
Chess Club
Debating Club
Deputy Principal's Letter of Recommendation
Programmed bell times website for Macquarie Fields High School

ENVIRONMENT ACHIEVEMENTS

Participated in Clean Up Australia Day

Participated in Clean Up Australia Day
Climate Justice Volunteer (AYCC)

OTHER NON SCHOOL ACHIEVEMENTS

Ingleburn Library Volunteer
Salvation Army Volunteer

Ingleburn Library Volunteer
Salvation Army Volunteer
Climate Justice Volunteer (AYCC)
Student Advocates Volunteer (RAOAF)
Vanguard Laundry Volunteer
Private school scholarship

grammar, kings, shore, Newington

Armon

HSC
I just think its a better environment for me, and also the pride that comes with it is priceless
great way to develop a dependence on tutoring and set your self up for a poor run at Uni! Seriously, other than the connections one develops at a private/selective and the benefit if one is pursuing medicine, there is only downsides to attending them over a public school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)