What should do to get an ATAR of 99.95? (4 Viewers)

spiderfan44

HSC
Thanks for your advice!!, I plan on doing some work experience or maybe a part time job not sure where yet though, my dad doesn't want me working at cafes or fast food places T-T and I can't find good internships/part-time that are preferably in the medical field, stem or music.
yea youre going to need to level with your dad and explain to him that your resume will look bad without any experience, and that cafes and fast food places are the pretty much the only places hiring people with no experience. also its pretty unlikely to get internships or paid part time work in the medical field, stem or music as a year 10, unless its a family friend or whatever. id recommend you try find a job now and work throughout year 10 and 11 so that you can quit in year 12 and have some money to have fun with.

Shavi Masee

HSC
just note that music 1 scaling is genuinely horrible (unless you get like 99 or 100), so either consider changing that to something else, or drop it after year 11. chem,phys, mathadv, engadv, and business are fine if ur aiming for 99.95, but ur gonna need to get really high marks in them
music 2 isn't offered at my school otherwise i would've done it T-T
I'm aiming for a 95+ at the moment realistically, cuz ik that the scaling is trash so 99.95 ain't possible.

Shavi Masee

HSC
yea youre going to need to level with your dad and explain to him that your resume will look bad without any experience, and that cafes and fast food places are the pretty much the only places hiring people with no experience. also its pretty unlikely to get internships or paid part time work in the medical field, stem or music as a year 10, unless its a family friend or whatever. id recommend you try find a job now and work throughout year 10 and 11 so that you can quit in year 12 and have some money to have fun with.
Thanks! I'll def have a chat with my dad tonight.

ajdsklajskdl

HSC
maths adv, eng adv, chem and phys are decent scaling so stick with those. get into a study routine but still make sure u have a life outside of study. in terms of internships in med u'll have work experience placements end of year10 so just find a medical place, some of my friends did radiology, shadowing a doctor, worked with an orthodontist, worked at usyd/unsw labs etc. are u in a selective/private school? if so it would be a lot easier, if not u need to be ranked amongst the top which will be fine if u start now + i can see u have the ambition. if your goal is 95+ thats definitely achievable with your subjects, good luck bro. all there is to getting a good atar is studying tbh, get on top of it and u'll be fine.

Shavi Masee

HSC
maths adv, eng adv, chem and phys are decent scaling so stick with those. get into a study routine but still make sure u have a life outside of study. in terms of internships in med u'll have work experience placements end of year10 so just find a medical place, some of my friends did radiology, shadowing a doctor, worked with an orthodontist, worked at usyd/unsw labs etc. are u in a selective/private school? if so it would be a lot easier, if not u need to be ranked amongst the top which will be fine if u start now + i can see u have the ambition. if your goal is 95+ thats definitely achievable with your subjects, good luck bro. all there is to getting a good atar is studying tbh, get on top of it and u'll be fine.
Thank you so much! You have given me hope!!!
I'm at a private school. I'll send a few emails to some places this week to see if I can get some work placement.
Btw is the yr 10 work placement mandatory for all schools, I only just heard abt it?

ajdsklajskdl

HSC
yes its mandatory everyones gotta do it also to clarify by selective/private i really just meant a high ranking school -- most tend to be selective/private so i just generalised like that. if ur in a high ranking school it will really help due to rank. u can ask ur careers advisor for advice and help as well even when going for work experience placements. don't stress too much take time for urself

ajdsklajskdl

HSC
id also recommend getting a job as well for resume experience, in year10 especially is the prime time and then u can quit once it gets more intense

spiderfan44

HSC
Thank you so much! You have given me hope!!!
I'm at a private school. I'll send a few emails to some places this week to see if I can get some work placement.
Btw is the yr 10 work placement mandatory for all schools, I only just heard abt it?
i didnt do work placement

rev668

HSC
internships and experience in med/stem (not sure about music) in year 10 is 💀
At this stage, if you get it, it's purely nepotism unless you're some genius prodigy that has 3 patents already
Just do fast food or, better, retail, even cafes are a nice job in hs, your dad needs to chill out
if youre in a school that will scale well enough to get you an atar neat 99.95 working at a fast food joint is an insult to the money your parents put in

Test-king12

HSC
yea my subject choices aren't very high scaling, ima forget abt the 99.95 and look at just a 98.00+ now T-T.
My subjects are: Chem, Physics, Math adv, Eng adv, Music 1, business studies, sor 1(mandatory).
music 1 is not in the cards prolly pick smth else

wollongong warrior

HSC
if youre in a school that will scale well enough to get you an atar neat 99.95 working at a fast food joint is an insult to the money your parents put in
yea tbh, if parents are paying like 50k/yr for tuition then there isn't really a need for a part-time job

Shavi Masee

HSC
last year highest was a 98.90 if I remember correctly and my school is ranked in the top 100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)