what should i charge? (1 Viewer)

TheKey

HSC
i got asked to 'teach' these poeple how a computer works, like how to use MS Word, send emails, surf the web..and im not sure how much this sort of job should be payed per hour. He would like me to work only casual for like 3 hours every now and then..so how much should i charge to be fair?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it also depends where, who they are, if you know them personally, their age etc.

hatty

Banned
depends on ur skill level as well
i had a computer tutor once, she was the best and charged me 30 an hour

TheKey

HSC
well they are 50 year old and never touched a computer, i am an 18 year old who did SDD and IPT, but i doubt skill level is is that important here since they want to know how to write and send emails..things of that sort, nothing complicated.

i dont know them personally but got them through a connection so they 'know of me'(not family just friends of a friend..). Im thining 10/hour would be ok, but since they only want me for 3 hours, few days a week i think 15$ might be better, would that be a rip or ok.

hatty

Banned
come on, they're 50

you can charge them $100 and tell them its cheap and they'll fall for it

old ppl are stupid

nah im kidding

15 sounds fine

inasero

Reborn
HSC
well if i was young id teach to the oldies for free..but thats just me.

um dont charge an exorbitant price cos then they wont have any pension money left over for tea and biccies....

i reckon anywhere tween 15 and 25 is fine...

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
anyone could do that.. most 12 year olds could
i think $10 is suitable thats around about how much ud get paid doing actual work at a shop or something (17 year olds) and its not like ur doing anything that requires ur specific skills and expertise
plus they are old and they dont have much money in the first place

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Charge $9...

1) $15 - $25 is a RIP OFF im telling you it is, have some heart these people are 50 years old, IF they are rich thats another story.

2) This kind of shit requires no expertise as someone mentioned above.

I go with $9 or $10 MAX.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i think that if u charge a not-too expensive rate and are good at teaching them, they might recommend u to thier friends who also dont know how 2 use a comp

TheKey

HSC
thx guys, yeh i may just charge $10 then but they are not poor by any measure, still i really dont need the money now anyway, im doing this mostly to help them out...i plan to get a proper job (mcdonalds or something) around UNSW when uni starts...

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by ND
50 year olds have no money? Since when?
Are you saying all 50 year olds have money?? I NEVER said they have no money did i? Im just saying since they are old, they maybe saving for retirement or tight on money raising kids if they are rich yea ok charge whatever... do i make sense here?

You think $15-$25 is good price? you tell me, this shit requires no experience, even supermarkets don't pay that much for someone with no exerpience. And you basically sit down doing shit all anyway.

ND

HSC
No not all 50 year olds have alot of money, but i doubt that $15 a few times a week is going to push them into the red, or have any effect on their retirement fund.

holl

You are making 50 yr olds sound like 80 yr olds. At that age they dont have amnesia, knit all day long etc, they still work and probably have children no older than mid twenties.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by holl
You are making 50 yr olds sound like 80 yr olds. At that age they dont have amnesia, knit all day long etc, they still work and probably have children no older than mid twenties.
hahaha thats true.. but i tried teaching my parents how to work my computer and phone.. my mum knows how to type letter by letter so she can email her cousin overseas.. and she knows how to call and unlock the phone (my old phone which i gave to my parents).. but yeh thats as far as her technology knowledge goes and it was pretty hard teaching her how to work my phone lol
its hard teaching them but yeh $10 is reasonable.. u would be getting around the same working at other places (if u r 17) and this doesnt really require much.. unlike my crappy workplace with customers yelling about everything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)