what should i do? i'm so confused =.= (1 Viewer)

gm.haider3000

HSC
Hmm whats your marks and it should tel you but 4 me i started out all fresh like i chose subjects that i had no clue about eg business studies economics 3 unit maths ... if you start fresh you dont need any other knowledge eg science and you chose physics or chem you would need past knowldege of science soo goo with what you think its right

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
mmm yeh..

Ask yourself a few questions...

Do you wanna go Uni (UAI)?
What are you thinking of doing in the future?
What subjects you are good at?
What subjects you enjoy?

If you want to go to Uni, in other words, get a UAI, make sure you pic the right subjects (Category A)..

Also, what u wanna be? If you're thinking of being an engineer for example, pick extenion maths, physics, and those type of subjects..

Dont pick subjects you hate!! Unless you're 100% sure that you're going to put effort into them and get the best possible mark..

I chose economics for Preliminary, and i slept during those lessons T__T

Yeah, good luck picking the right subjects.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Well I chose my subjects based on my report - anything which I got over 90 .. i chose the HSC equivalent of that (for example IST = SDD or Commerce = business studies). Btw, isn't it a bit late in choosing subjects? Because we chose ours in Term 2.

damnueconomics

poor poor student
HSC
i reckon it depends on what you wanna do. but if you dont know what you wanna do as a lot of people dont seem to these days then pick whatever you like. i picked subjects that i liked or sounded interesting because my uni choice back them didnt rely on anything in particular. its good that you get to drop one at the end of the year coz yeh i couldnt handle one more day of modern history with my annoying teacher. too bad though coz the subject was interesting

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
I think you should choose subjects that you really enjoy. I've started doing my HSC and I constantly hear people say how much they dislike the subjects they chose and even by dropping 1 or 2 of their subjects, they're still hating school and study altogther because they chose subjects that they really didn't enjoy.

But even that being said, don't choose subjects that you think you can completely bludge in. I mean maths. If you do relatively well in it you can broaden your options in uni.

So just choose subjects that you enjoy including subjects that will help you with your future. That's what the HSC is all about.

twilight1412

HSC
.... simple solution

do whatever you want to
if school doesnt offer the courses you want then head off to tafe
or start an apprenticeship

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I thought subject selections had been made a long time ago >_<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)