What should I do? (1 Viewer)

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
In May this year I met a guy randomly at a party when i was completely smashed, he was really kind, genteel etc. he sobered me up and looked after me. I didn't think he would contact me, but the next day, there was the text. Thing is my parents were really set against any sort of relationship being set up cos i'm emigrating to Oz in Jan. Any how, who actually listens to their parents? We carried on meeting and stuff through exams and went to one another's leavers balls. He is a complete gentleman, caring, considerate and polite (came from a posh school lol). Anyway 5 months down the line and we've broken up, yesterday in fact and he was upset and i was crying and speechless. Then i get an e-mail saying he still cares and is still upset etc. But what do you think the best thing is to do? Should we stop it now, he's off to uni in a week for 12 weeks, back for 5 and then i come out to the otherside of the world (but i will be back twice a year for sometime) we speak everyday, i see him several times a week and we've never had an arguement. Do you reasonably think this is too much to hope for? at the moment i'm heartbroken and we're trying to talk stuff through etc.
Thanks

Pommy babe

Last edited:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Pommy babe said:
In May this year I met a guy randomly at a party when i was completely smashed, he was really kind, genteel etc. he sobered me up and looked after me. I didn't think he would contact me, but the next day, there was the text asking if i wanted to meet up again. Thing is my parents were really set against any sort of relationship being set up cos i'm emigrating to Oz in Jan. Any how, who actually listens to their parents? We carried on meeting and stuff through exams and went to one another's leavers balls. He is a complete gentleman, caring, considerate and polite (came from a posh school lol). Anyway 6 months down the line and we've broken up, yesterday in fact and he was crying and i was crying and speechless. Then i get an e-mail saying he still cares and is devastated etc. But what do you think the best thing is to do? Should we stop it now, he's off to uni in a week for 12 weeks, back for 5 and then i come out to the otherside of the world (but i will be back twice a year for sometime) or should we attempt a Long distance relationship. I would like to think that it could work cos we get on so well, we speak everyday, i see him several times a week and we've never had an arguement. Do you reasonably think this is too much to hope for? at the moment we're both heartbroken and we're trying to sort stuff through as a compromise, but i don't know what to suggest : (

Thanks

Pommy babe
Move on with your life

Pace_T

HSC
well i guess things work different on the other side of the world, good guys finish first! hahaha
well i suggest u at least try it out see how things go. if its obv it wont work out you should break it off. its going to be hard of course

HSC
Pommy babe said:
In May this year I met a guy randomly at a party when i was completely smashed, he was really kind, genteel etc. he sobered me up and looked after me. I didn't think he would contact me, but the next day, there was the text asking if i wanted to meet up again. Thing is my parents were really set against any sort of relationship being set up cos i'm emigrating to Oz in Jan. Any how, who actually listens to their parents? We carried on meeting and stuff through exams and went to one another's leavers balls. He is a complete gentleman, caring, considerate and polite (came from a posh school lol). Anyway 6 months down the line and we've broken up, yesterday in fact and he was crying and i was crying and speechless. Then i get an e-mail saying he still cares and is devastated etc. But what do you think the best thing is to do? Should we stop it now, he's off to uni in a week for 12 weeks, back for 5 and then i come out to the otherside of the world (but i will be back twice a year for sometime) or should we attempt a Long distance relationship. I would like to think that it could work cos we get on so well, we speak everyday, i see him several times a week and we've never had an arguement. Do you reasonably think this is too much to hope for? at the moment we're both heartbroken and we're trying to sort stuff through as a compromise, but i don't know what to suggest : (

Thanks

Pommy babe
LOL. Sounds so Jane Austenesque.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Meh just break it off, you are still in the honeymoon phase if you havent ever fought. You can find an equally nice guy who is more attractive with a cool accent in a few months anyway.

Not like its ever going to work, long distance is hard enough when its like melbourne and sydney and you only see each other every few weeks. Twice a year and the other side of the world? wont work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)