What should I do? (1 Viewer)

Neva

HSC
N/A
Failing 2U Math. Really Bored in PDH (forced into the subject) and assessments have heaps of writing. Doing very well in other subjects.

What to do? (I've got 12 units at the moment)
  • Drop to General Maths?
  • Drop Maths entirely?
  • Just drop PDH?
Thoughts and comments, please?
Thank You

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Why are you failing Maths? Is it too difficult or is it a result of poor work ethic?

cheepy5

HSC
What Atar do you want or need ?
From experience being forced into a subject doesnt really help with motivation and interest in the subject.
What are your marks for maths if you don't mind me asking

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
Stick with 2U and see how you go in the end. If you're still failing then drop down general.

thisiswar

HSC
I dont suggest dropping "down to general maths" coz then you have to catch up on a whole term's worth of work. Even though it's "easy" they learn different things that arent in the 2U syllabus. I reckon PDH would take up more time but that's just for me. If u think you can definitely improve 2U then drop PDH since u dont really like it.

But definitely drop to 10units if u r not coping with 12 bcoz u'll find urself with ALOT more time to improve whichever subject it is that you're struggling at :)

Neva

HSC
N/A
Hi guys and thanks for your comments

Maths - 30%ish and I guess it's just not my thing, I do all the Homework, classwork and stay back after class to talk with teacher.
PDH - 70%

ATAR Aim: Anything from 85+

delian

HSC
N/A
Maybe drop to General Maths. See if you do better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)