What should i do???!!!! (1 Viewer)

bananaland

HSC
Hi, i don't know what course i should do at university because i am one of those all-round students. I do Biology, general maths, 4u english, DT and Food technology. I was thinking about Marine Biology but it requires chemistry and maths and i don't really like either of those subjects. i did work experience in primary teaching but i found it kinda boring and tiring. I'm also thinking about journalism but i'm not sure if i could do it....
:s

peri24

HSC
hey der sxy baby. marine bio wil be a breeze ders lik a lot of gurls dat do it and did gen mafs. itz no hard. u can tri journalism as u sem gud wid english. how bout findin sumfin related to food sci?

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you interested in Economics or Commerce?

Thief

!!
HSC
Well if you're doing 4U English, something english-related, an arts degree or something, might be good for you.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hi, i don't know what course i should do at university because i am one of those all-round students. I do Biology, general maths, 4u english, DT and Food technology. I was thinking about Marine Biology but it requires chemistry and maths and i don't really like either of those subjects. i did work experience in primary teaching but i found it kinda boring and tiring. I'm also thinking about journalism but i'm not sure if i could do it....
:s
Here's what I did.

When you get your UAC Book which tells you all the possible courses you can apply for through UAC, go through it. Page by page. Degree program by degree program.

Circle or mark any course you're interested in. Don't look at if you're good enough for it, or if you might not get the ATAR, or whatever. If you're interested in it, by name only - mark it.

You'll have a list then. I did this, and I had 90 courses.

Now, eliminate the universities you won't or can't attend. That'll whittle down the courses.

Then take a closer look at the course descriptions - the sorts of things you'll be learning. Eliminate more and more.

In the end, you'll have about 10 or so - or even less - and armed with that, you go to the uni open days and ask further questions, or do internet research on the degrees you want to do.

It's time consuming yes, I spent a whole two hour study period in Year 12 doing it, but at the end of it, I had a very, very, very good idea what I wanted to do.

mcapuano

HSC
If you dislike math and harder sciences like chemistry and have a strong background in English than journalism, PR and media are all things you should look into, maybe marketing. Journalism isn't particularly hard but you should take into account that there isn't a strong job market for it.

bananaland

HSC
Thanks for all your advice everyone, i will surely be doing what you said shadowdude when i get my UAC booklet, I've already spent about 5 hours looking at different uni booklets and online :p

Last edited:

bananaland

HSC
Many people say that a bridging course is pointless and hardly anyone passes it..... is this true?

HSC
whatever u like - simple :)
do some research on what you're interested and cut down the options by considering factors. You cant really count on us to determine your future :D
however an option would be marine biology really suits you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)