What should we know for motors with loads? (1 Viewer)

notme123

HSC
Are they assessable or not? If do what should we know about them?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Are they assessable or not? If do what should we know about them?
Yes they are assessable. You should know the components of a motor and how they work in tandem with Faraday/Lenz's laws in order to operate.

notme123

HSC
Yes they are assessable. You should know the components of a motor and how they work in tandem with Faraday/Lenz's laws in order to operate.
But what about the load that it carries?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
But what about the load that it carries?
I'm pretty sure you should know how a heavier load will generate more heat and back EMF. Efficiency of a motor can also show up in a question in terms of power loss im pretty sure. Someone correct me if I'm incorrect.

A1La5

HSC
I'm pretty sure you should know how a heavier load will generate more heat and back EMF. Efficiency of a motor can also show up in a question in terms of power loss im pretty sure. Someone correct me if I'm incorrect.
A heavier load would decrease the back EMF and increase the induced current generated in the motor coil, as the torques would no longer be balanced and the rate of rotation of the motor would decrease.

A1La5

HSC
Why would back EMF be reduced?
The Back EMF would be reduced as the motor is slowing down. In accordance with Faraday's Law of Induction the generated Back EMF would be:
1629769394601.png

As delta T increases the back EMF would decrease as time is inversely proportional to the electromotive force in this formula.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)