What sort of qualities are needed in a School Captain? (1 Viewer)

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
So, HSCers are doing speeches tomorrow and then the kids and teachers are going to vote for two School Captains - male & female. Briefly, what do you look for in a School Captain? thanx

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
tall, handsome and extroverted

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Yeah... it's how our captain always got picked. Had to be Caucasian too which is ironic considering they were the minority at my school (srs)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Nup. He's actually talking about the fact that he is probably not going to be SC. That's okay. I can study while they make the CC coffee & polish his shoes.:wink:
:haha:

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
At my old school, you need to be previously a SRC member of at least 2 years to be considered to become the School Captain.

You need to have a good speech and dress nicely.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
This might sound funny, but at my school which is Christian orientated, I look for a captain who is honest, outgoing, considerate and most importantly, must have a strong Christian faith and be dedicated in serving others just like Jesus' did in the Bible.

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
The above certainly does not sound funny - all those values are also important at my school, thanks for input!

braintic

HSC
N/A
This might sound funny, but at my school which is Christian orientated, I look for a captain who is honest, outgoing, considerate and most importantly, must have a strong Christian faith and be dedicated in serving others just like Jesus' did in the Bible.
So to be school captain at your school, you must have an illogical belief in fictional characters?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
In my view, Jesus is not a fictional character - it's just what you generally require to be sc are characteristics derived from a Christian faith at my school. And yes, I'm a Christian if you were wondering.

P.S. please don't go into debate about this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Is your school Christian orientated?
Essentially, our school remains secular, but indirectly is very Christian orientated. That is, we don't incorporate our religious life into our school life, but the values of Christianity are upheld within the school. I am one of the Plymouth Brethren. Check out the following website about our church to answer any questions:

http://www.plymouthbrethrenchristianchurch.org/

I can imagine this creating a fair bit of debate, but quite frankly, I don't care, neither do I apologise for my position.

Were you the winner? Or your friend? :)
No, not me or the friend you are referring to - another one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)