What speech goes with what? (1 Viewer)

Schoolboy

HSC
Hey, just wondering what combinations of speeches would be good to do an essay on. For example, I used Socrates and Goldman in my trial. I'm try ing to stay away from the whole Lincon/M.Luther, what are good speeches to use together which aren't as commonly spoken of?

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
Aung San Suu Kyi & Noel Pearson are contrasting in their methodology for a similar purpose...
*being chosen to speak for who they are. have a very specific audience to which the speech would have to be tailored to
*contemporary to our context
*compare ending humble& uplifting- biting
etc etc etc

goldman/levertov speaking against war and censorship- links to contemporary context too

skamerman

HSC
Hi there
I dont think they really go together but Im using Havel, Maclease and Goldman as a back up if I need 3.. i think finding similar themes, and being able to discuss the differences too is a good starting point to putting whichever ones you like together ( like me!)
Soph

ASNSWR127

HSC
for freedom etc the ultimate combo is Denise Leveratov and King (sooo many quotes).

PLus leveratov is oh so relevant to todays context which is always handy to include in these sort of essays.

Marinatos

HSC
Havel with pretty much any of the others (except Atwood)

Some good combos are Havel/Levertov or Havel/Keating or Keating/Lincoln or...

So many things fit xD

Atwood could go with any of the others if you wanted to contrast and talk about the different purposes of speeches.

laurennn91

HSC
Havel/Lincoln/Keating
- patriotism

Havel/King
- emotive language, motivating audience, freedom

Socrates/Goldman
- defense speeches

Levertov/King
- calling for action, change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)