What Stimulus Booklet texts r u doin??? (1 Viewer)

emar

HSC
:wave:Hi all just wondering what Stimulus Booklet texts everybody's doin and fr what area of Study(physical,inner,imaginative) just curios cause some people in my class got in trouble for doin the road not taken cause ever1 does it. newayz catchyas all

sayrah64

HSC
Imaginative Journeys
-Journeys over land and sea
-The Ivory Trail
-journey to the interior

HSC
Physical Journeys, but i dont care i;m still doin road not taken
and th ivory trail
There the most easiest to anyale, bnut i can still comprehesively anaylse them

beentherdunthat

HSC
Physical journeys

Either Road Not taken or Journeys over land and sea <--- THis one more.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Imaginative Journeys

The Road Not taken by Robert Frost
Journey to the Interior by Margaret Atwood
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame

emar said:
people in my class got in trouble for doin the road not taken cause ever1 does it.
lol, so what if everyone does it? As long as you can analyse it really well and structure into your essay clearly there should be no problem. They can't punish you for choosing the text you like.

^emmie^

HSC
immaginative
the town where time stands still
AND
ivory trail OR journeys over land and sea???

shrimpster

HSC
i was wondering.. wel im doing pahysical journeys right n..
well how many texts in the stimulus should we know only one my friend told me ^^ maybe i should study two ^^

because this whole timw i've beeen studying all of them T_T'

SSejychan

HSC
I'm doing inner journeys:

Journey to the Interior
Road not taken

shrimpster said:
i was wondering.. wel im doing pahysical journeys right n..
well how many texts in the stimulus should we know only one my friend told me ^^ maybe i should study two ^^

because this whole timw i've beeen studying all of them T_T'
well, you should know 2 of the stimuli in depth, so that if one of your texts doesn't fit the question, then you can use your other one. But, while you don't necessarily have to study indepth the other texts, you should have a minimal/basic knowledge of them (or so my teacher tells us), just in case BOTH of your texts don't really fit the question. But, it's not like that'll really every happen. So, you only really need to know 2 texts in depth.

starrysky

HSC
I'm with Jess - know two or the stimulus texts in depth, so you don't get thrown off. Physical journeys is pretty much good for Frost and Atwood (self-explanatory, if you read/brush up on the poems). Inner journeys is better with Atwood, since you can talk a whole lot more about it than you can with Frost (I swear, the amount of times I used metaphor in my trial response ...). Ivory Trail is really good for imaginative, or so I've heard on the grapevine, but whatevs, trav, whatevs.

I'm doing The Road Not Taken & Journey to the Interior for inner journeys. Preference on the former, but knowledge on the two is generally round and decent. -shrug-

samuel slack

HSC
Ivory Trail is my text for imaginative. I've studied journey to the interior as well, but I just don't see a question for imaginative journeys that I couldn't weave The Ivory Trail into.

reege

HSC
crap - for some reason i thought we only had to learn one stimulus - wait we only use one stimulus - watever:confused:
i'm doing road not taken - for inner journeys (snore):sleep: its the easiest i think - who cares if everyone does it - its better u do a text ur able to do then try to do a shoddy job on a nother one just cause its more unusual
anyway
byeee
p.s - sorry bout all the emoticons - i know they're annoyin as - i'm just havin fun

amybaker1990

HSC
u all sem to have very similar stimulus'....
for imaginative i have
- contact, the film
- gullivers travels,
-lucy in the sky with diamonds.
-and like 5 others...

we can chose what ones to use but contact is compulsory...

danz90

HSC
For this year's English Paper 1 HSC Exam, the stimulus booklet has been removed, ie you don't have to refer to a stimulus booklet test in your response. The BOS stated it in one of their bulletins.

Either way, I still used my booklet text for my half year (Im doing physical journeys).. and I've studied "Wind in the Willows" and "The Ivory Trail", but I use Ivory Trail for all my responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)