what subject should i drop!? (1 Viewer)

Oreo4rt

HSC
Hi, I need some advice here please !

i've currently got 12 units and i want to drop to 11 or 10. should i drop French continuers or English Ext 1? I perform equally bad in both.

I want to drop earlier cause I just dont like wasting time. Any special advice from people who have done french/english ext1 perhaps?

Last edited:

yasminee96

HSC
I suggest wait until Half yearly exams, see which one you do better in or which one you studied better for...it's too early to judge how well you'll do based on term 1 results imo. :)

Aysce

HSC
I suggest wait until Half yearly exams, see which one you do better in or which one you studied better for...it's too early to judge how well you'll do based on term 1 results imo. :)
^

Exactly this imo.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Have you got your first assesment marks and a general idea of ranks yet? I'd advise against dropping subjects immediately, especially when you are undecided on what to drop but it sounds like you've made your mind up on dropping something. Do the texts you do for Ext 1 seem interesting and have you looked into what you have to do for the rest of the year for French?

Immortalp00n

HSC
considering you're performing " equally bad" in both I'd suggest you wait till half yearlies as has been mentioned before.
ultimately, choose which ever u feel u dont enjoy studying, nd drop it.
also, u do french cont offline yeh? ( like oten or something) or do they have it at ur school?
if it's offline u may wanna drop it.. ( save time etc..)

jarrodoliver1

HSC
What's your definition of 'bad' though? Post your rankings from first term results and possibly year 11 results :)

Oreo4rt

HSC
Have you got your first assesment marks and a general idea of ranks yet? I'd advise against dropping subjects immediately, especially when you are undecided on what to drop but it sounds like you've made your mind up on dropping something. Do the texts you do for Ext 1 seem interesting and have you looked into what you have to do for the rest of the year for French?
we didn't have HSC assessments for either subjects in the first term, but i have my prelim ranks. i'm 60/91 for ext eng and 4/6 for french ._.

Last edited:

Cyberbully

Where do you live?
HSC
Languages suck A LOT of time. English extension is way improvable in that time.

That's just my two cents.

French, however, is useful for chicks, or hot french guys

Last edited:

nifkeh

HSC
As others have said just wait until half yearlies and make a decision. Personally for me (not necessarily advice for you) I would find french harder than english because it involves maintaining grammar, vocab especially for the 200 words or so extended response so you would need to practice french a bit to prepare for harder questions but by all means if you're okay at learning and studying for french then keep it. On the other hand EE1 is also a lot of work, you have novels to read, set texts, have to write a long essay and creative but if you don't mind it then just keep it :)

So yeah just wait for the half yearlies to see how you go in both subjects, and if the subject you do, you put a lot of effort in and it doesn't pay off you might consider dropping it if you feel it's detrimental to how you work.

sinawi

HSC
Drop the 2 units of french. 2 units of 'bad' compared to '1' is less detrimental to your result and study time. Languages are difficult and you can always improve in extension English, coming from the guy who came 3rd in year 11 prelims with a low band 5.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Drop the 2 units of french. 2 units of 'bad' compared to '1' is less detrimental to your result and study time. Languages are difficult and you can always improve in extension English, coming from the guy who came 3rd in year 11 prelims with a low band 5.
I agree with this.

enoilgam

HSC
i've currently got 12 units and i want to drop to 11 or 10. should i drop French continuers or English Ext 1? I perform equally bad in both.

I want to drop earlier cause I just dont like wasting time. Any special advice from people who have done french/english ext1 perhaps?
Out of the two, which one takes up more of your time and effort?

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
drop french cont. definitely harder to get resources help, tutors. Actually have you considered dropping both? nothing wrong with 10 units

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)