What subjects are you doing for 2014? (1 Viewer)

thought-process

HSC
Thanks for the advice, I'm pretty focused on my studies at the moment. Hopefully I get where I want to be in the future :)

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm still thinking about it.. but so far..
English Advanced
Maths 3 unit
Japanese cont.
Chinese cont.
Chemistry
and then maybe economics or physics

Then in year 12:
4 unit maths
Chinese extension
and not do eco or phy.

I'm doing accelerated maths at the moment and i wanna keep doing it so i can get my 2unit maths over and done with.

i'm interested in medicine and pharmacology. or become a teacher... i really haven't thought about it too much
my dream atar would be 99.65 which is to get into law. but im not really interested.
as high as i can. preferably 96+ to get into medicine. ><
i am so envious that you plan to do 4 unit... i use to do accelerated maths and was planning to do 4 unit but im not naturally gifted so chose to drop it and maybe later pursue 4 unit...

Resource

HSC
3U English
3U Maths
Italian Continuers
Chemistry
Legal Studies (Most Likely)

I'm actually not sure if my school allows you to do both extensions... :/. Does anyone have any opinions/experience with that?

EDIT: In Yr 12 I'd most likely keep English Extension 1 and also pick up Maths Extension 2. I'd also probably drop Legal.

Last edited:

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
I'm really surprised no-one has chosen Music 1 or 2 or Drama here. They're really popular at my school. o_O...

madharris

HSC
N/A
I'm really surprised no-one has chosen Music 1 or 2 or Drama here. They're really popular at my school. o_O...
I've seen a few '15ers that are thinking of choosing music 1 :p

But yeah they were popular at my school as well! we had about 22 doing music 1 at my school and 2 or 3 classes of drama (not sure exactly how many)

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
I've seen a few '15ers that are thinking of choosing music 1 :p

But yeah they were popular at my school as well! we had about 22 doing music 1 at my school and 2 or 3 classes of drama (not sure exactly how many)
woow the number of classes for drama really surprised me...

R4diance

HSC
Surprisingly at my school Physics and Chemistry have the smallest classes with about 10 or so electing it for next year. Drama and Music too, around 5/class.
Of course the humanities classes are the largest, with over 25/class.
This leads to another question - are smaller classes better off? I mean would the teachers have time to help individuals more often?
Pretty much all my classes will have around <10 people in them - with the exception of English, of course.

madharris

HSC
N/A
This leads to another question - are smaller classes better off? I mean would the teachers have time to help individuals more often?
Pretty much all my classes will have around <10 people in them - with the exception of English, of course.
Pretty much my only small class was music, however I loved it! We had so much fun and although we were competitive, it was a healthy competition which resulted in all of us doing extremely well.

R4diance

HSC
Pretty much my only small class was music, however I loved it! We had so much fun and although we were competitive, it was a healthy competition which resulted in all of us doing extremely well.
Ahh that's great. Always love some healthy competition :)

Evertone

HSC
What are you subjects?
Here is a tentative list of subjects I aspire to embark on for my senior years. Note this is metaphorically, a capricious list. I am yet to probe into exactly what these subjects consist of in regards to their syllabus contents and outcomes.

- English Advanced and/or Extension
- Physics
- Chemistry or Biology
- Legal Studies
- Economics
- Studies of Religion

Possible future subjects? (e.g ext 2 maths, ext 2 eng)
General Mathematics - vast improvements are yet to be seen -- as such, I will undertake General Mathematics if the aforementioned improvements eventuate.

Were you offered an accelerated course?
No.

What are you career goal?
My career goal centres around the workplace realms of economics, law, politics, journalism or possibly psychology if I achieve an appropriate ATAR and undertake a bridging course for the mathematics required to study Psychology. Currently, the chances are looking slim. Admittedly, it is hard to remain pragmatic.

Atar and any uni in particular you aiming for?
Sydney, Macquarie or Charles Sturt University. Again, that is if my ATAR permits, which brings me onto my ATAR goal - that is, 90+

macrazy

HSC
At the moment I think:
Chemistry
Mathematics extension 1 (maybe 2 in year 12- unsure)
English advanced
SOR II
Biology
Physics
The official line pattern hasn't come out yet so not sure if I'll get them all.
I want a career in science, and it would be amazing if I could get into either UNSW or Maquarie. At the moment I'm looking at the advanced bachelor of science or medicinal chemistry, so I have an atar goal of 95+ (why not aim high) :D

evasharman

HSC
At the present point in time, I am thinking of doing:
English Advanced
French Continuers (I love French, and I'm going on exchange [in 50 days!]).
Modern History (I had my heart set on Ancient, but the subject selection talks really changed my mind!)
Biology (Always loved sciences!)
Geography (I actually think it's interesting, unlike a lot of people...)
Studies of Religion 1 (Have to, and religion isn't THAT bad)
and English Extension 1 (yeah :headbang:)

I also want to do French Extension in year 12 :inlove: When I'm older, I'd like to be a journalist. I'm aiming for ATAR in the low 90's, but I'm not too fussed.

DLMisme

HSC
I haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking of taking:
- Advanced English
- Mathematics
- Biology
- Chemistry
- CAFS
- Ancient History

I really love science, and I'm interested in studying biomedical science at university so I'd like my ATAR to be 90+

Last edited:

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
At the present point in time, I am thinking of doing:
English Advanced
French Continuers (I love French, and I'm going on exchange [in 50 days!]).
Modern History (I had my heart set on Ancient, but the subject selection talks really changed my mind!)
Biology (Always loved sciences!)
Geography (I actually think it's interesting, unlike a lot of people...)
Studies of Religion 1 (Have to, and religion isn't THAT bad)
and English Extension 1 (yeah :headbang:)

I also want to do French Extension in year 12 :inlove: When I'm older, I'd like to be a journalist. I'm aiming for ATAR in the low 90's, but I'm not too fussed.
It's good to see someone here embarking on undertaking a language for the HSC. I wish I could go on exchange.
Buona Fortuna!! :spin:

Kaisirus

HSC
Would you find both histories hard? Or are you a history nerd like me? I'm planning to do only Ancient but I'm also leaning towards Modern to replace Legal *sigh*
Not really. I always liked history, it was the most damn interesting subject at school and the one I was best at.

gem19

HSC
At the moment we've only had our first round selections,
So i have taken
Math Extension I
Advanced Math
Advanced English
Legal Studies
Economics
Business Studies
Music I

We have our second round selection's starting this term, so fingers crossed I get the subjects I want :spin:
Aiming for an ATAR of 93+

Ton5698

HSC
Just wondering everyone, but is Biology and Physics a good combination/compatible?
I just wanted to learn over a broad network of subjects, to get a general understanding of all of the subjects?
What subjects would i be suggested to choose in this case?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)