What subjects are you dropping ? (1 Viewer)

Deliriously

HSC
I'm dropping Engineering studies and SOR1 !! :D
can't wait for those free periods to roll in

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Buh-bye Geo!!! Absolutely hated it. Sort of. Will be picking up MX2, and if I do well in that then I'll drop Engineering Studies as well.
That's a shame.

May I ask why?

lolman69

HSC
dropping extension english and engineering studies

ayeplus_

HSC
I'm thinking of dropping Ancient since I have no use for it in the future, but I'm performing incredibly well in the subject.
I think 12 units is too much, but I want a back up incase I screw my maths and chem.
Or maybe I'll drop to General Maths cos my performance is :\

Tyde

HSC
Dropping DT for sure, sick of the subject + crappy teacher D:

Verify

HSC
May I ask how many subjects you are allowed to drop and how many you are allowed to pick up?
I am not in Year 11 btw :)

Shazer2

HSC
Verify, if you have 12 units you can drop one subject worth 2 units or you can drop two subjects worth 1 unit each. You require a minimum of 10 units to complete the HSC.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
That's a shame.

May I ask why?
Couple of reasons. One was the teacher. Another one was that our 4 possible choices of topics were development geography, natural resource use, political geography and cultural integration. I was interested in natural resource use and political geography. Our teacher decided to choose the other 2 -_- Also, the two other topics were rivers and lakes or something like that and biophysical interactions, none of which I enjoyed properly (too... biology related I suppose). I'm just not into stuff like that, mainly chose geo because of the chance we could be doing politics. I did sort of enjoy doing the Senior Geography Project because were were allowed to choose anything.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Couple of reasons. One was the teacher. Another one was that our 4 possible choices of topics were development geography, natural resource use, political geography and cultural integration. I was interested in natural resource use and political geography. Our teacher decided to choose the other 2 -_- Also, the two other topics were rivers and lakes or something like that and biophysical interactions, none of which I enjoyed properly (too... biology related I suppose). I'm just not into stuff like that, mainly chose geo because of the chance we could be doing politics. I did sort of enjoy doing the Senior Geography Project because were were allowed to choose anything.
Interesting.

Thank you for sharing.

nifkeh

HSC
english ext 1 yey. school forced the whole grade to choose it for year 11 and it's too way too much work kind of. And I'm not really fond of english

I considered dropping ancient as well because my maths is atm suffering and I thought with 6 free periods I could use it do improve my maths.. idk. But I'm doing okay at ancient, if I put more time and effort into it I can get over 90 easily but I was wondering whether to drop it to improve my maths which is below my ancient marks. Any opinions?

CaffeineMotor

HSC
I'm guessing the Eng Extension course for you guys must've been quite a bit, to be honest at our school it had a decent amount of work/assignments but it was not time consuming nor hard at all.

2610buck

HSC
Dropping Biology. The decision to do so nearly killed me. Down to 12 units now though

nifkeh

HSC
Definately dropping english ext 1 and sticking with 11 units, btw nifkeh what school makes you do english ext in yr11? Because I feel awful about that
here's a clue, we were ranked 6th in the state last year :p

nifkeh

HSC
I'm guessing the Eng Extension course for you guys must've been quite a bit, to be honest at our school it had a decent amount of work/assignments but it was not time consuming nor hard at all.
idk, for ext we got a HY exam about the goals of modernism, a modernism turnitin creative task, then another turnitin essay task about dystopias in relation to a related text then a yearly exam about Utopia/Pleasantville and relation to utopia/dystopia

but for advanced it was much more work, HY was based on the HSC eng paper, like we got a short response comprehension thing and a creative section, then we also got orals. then in the yearly exam we got 2 essays to do in 80 mins on Emma/Clueless (comparative study/transformations) and on critical study of Othello.

then we get the usual 'hand in your practice essay/writing/homework' thing from the teacher that is not counted lol

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Wow jeez, we really didn't do that much in Extension we focused initially on Heart of Darkness in comparison with Coppola's film, Apocalypse Now then one task on multiple texts that was just a hand in essay to do over the holidays. Then last one we did was Medea and the cultural portrayal of women and how she defied societal norms etc.

Awesome that you did PleasantVille, that's a great movie.

Ahh yes our Advanced was very similar to HSC. With a Reading, Creative and Essay section. Jeez Luckily we didn't have to do 2 essays. We had 120mins for the three sections combined.
Yeah we have another oral in term 4 based on Module B :S Seriously have to do better this time round, our year flunked it in 11.

Direwolf

HSC
Dropping Physics (Good Riddance) and picking up Extension History and Extension 2 Maths

Hila

HSC
to pick up English ext 2 or not to pick up ee2? ... to drop? hmm modern history?... but it's my 3rd best best subject :L IDK :(can't drop sor...

why does everyone hate ancient aside from teachers? everyone at my school hates it too but the teacher is amazing :L
Haha I love how so many people want to drop ancient. I also want to drop ancient, it's my worst class. I guess people want to drop it ... Because it's not like year 7-10 ancient that was really fun and interesting. The archaeology stuff is kindda dull. Also, my teacher doesn't really know how to teach. Naw, I feel bad for saying that cause she's heaps nice but she pretty much just gives us notes and spends the lesson reading them to us.

And give ext 2 a go! I'm doing it :) You can always drop it later on.

Hila

HSC
I'm probably dropping Ancient History as it'll be no use to me in the future haha, I'll finally have free periods :)

I'm probably going to take on Extension English though, so I'll have either 11-12 units. How about you?
Haha I'm also probably gonna drop ancient too! Hate it so much :p
And yeah give ext a good! Lots of people on here don't seem to like it o_O but if you enjoy English then why not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)