What subjects are you thinking of dropping next yr? (1 Viewer)

selablad

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I don't think Maths is worth dropping over Japanese though. I think Japanese is pretty unpredictable.
You are a very smart person who speaks words of truth :hammer:

PS the real reason I posted this was to be able to use the hammer guy. He has a cute smile :uhhuh:

Pink Oni

HSC
bored of sc said:
No: up to even 20 is possible if you accelerate subjects and accumulate your HSC over say 3 years.

Also, a fair contingent of people do 13 units in year 12 to ensure a subject or two are not counted towards UAI if they are a relatively low mark.
:eek: OK, I'm not staying for 3 more years. If 13 Units is decent, then I'll probably extend Japanese.

Doctor Jolly said:
Nah, as Bored of SC has already explained you can do more than 12. Most people just stick to 12 or 13 because it's easier. Some even drop down to 10units. But it all depends on the person. I don't think Maths is worth dropping over Japanese though. I think Japanese is pretty unpredictable.
I like Japanese, but I wouldn't drop a subject for it, unless absolutely necessary. As I mentioned earlier, if 13 Units are fine, I'll just keep all my subjects as are and extend Japanese. Of course, it'll depend on how my marks end up at the end of the year *sigh*

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Pink Oni said:
:eek: OK, I'm not staying for 3 more years. If 13 Units is decent, then I'll probably extend Japanese.

I like Japanese, but I wouldn't drop a subject for it, unless absolutely necessary. As I mentioned earlier, if 13 Units are fine, I'll just keep all my subjects as are and extend Japanese. Of course, it'll depend on how my marks end up at the end of the year *sigh*
Yeah, that's the problem with me too. You don't really know what to do until the very end of the year. I think I might do 4U Maths and drop 3U English. But we'll see ...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
lol yeah. Is it worth all the pain?
LOL. Gotta ask people who did it. But I reckon it's worth it. Because 90 in Extension 2 Mathematics = 96 in Mathematics. Sounds pretty good, yeah? (that's when you get E4 in Mathematics Extension 2).

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
LOL. Gotta ask people who did it. But I reckon it's worth it. Because 90 in Extension 2 Mathematics = 96 in Mathematics. Sounds pretty good, yeah? (that's when you get E4 in Mathematics Extension 2).
yeah, both my sisters did 4U Maths and they found it pretty hard, but still did well in the HSC. I don't know if I should ... :mad1:

beve

Jesus
HSC
Bye to Extension 1 Math & Music 1, Hello to Extension 2 English and History Extension. Maybe...

Who's done History Extension? How painful is it?

huhwotsthis

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
From what my friend says, Legal sounds unbearable.

I don't mind going to the class, I'm just performing horribly in it (21%), so I guess my best option is to drop it.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Aerath said:
Aww...but - it's sorta interesting. :p
Well, it probably depends on what teacher you get and if they make the whole course interesting or not.
But then again, my Extension English teacher is so awesome, but the course bites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)