• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What subjects to choose? (1 Viewer)

s_sp11

HSC
I'm in Year 10 right now and need to pick my subjects for next year, but I don't know what to choose. I need at least six subjects next year, I don't know what to exactly pick as I'm planning on doing Maths Extension 2 and maybe English Extension 1 / Advanced. I want to choose subjects that scale well because I'm pretty academically competent, and want to go into dentistry so need a high ATAR, but don't really get how many other subjects I need apart from maths + english if I'm doing extension for both.

These are the subjects I'm thinking about for Year 11:
- Maths (I don't know which one I'm doing next year if I do extension 2 in yr 12)
- English
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Modern History

I need one more but I don't really know what to pick, I literally have no opinions at all so recommendations would be appreciated, also how many would I drop if I only want 12 units. Thank you!

wollongong warrior

HSC
Choose math ext 1 if you want to study ext 2 in year 12

I need one more but I don't really know what to pick, I literally have no opinions at all so recommendations would be appreciated
You can consider picking a non-atar subject to bludge (e.g SLR) or a hobby subject (e.g. visual arts) to relax a bit
also how many would I drop if I only want 12 units. Thank you!
wdym by this? As in year 11 or in year 12?
In year 11, you'll have 14 units (if you choose both ex1 math and english, and pick up another subject), so you can drop any non-english subject or both ext 1s to drop to 12
In year 12, since you're picking up ext 2 maths, you can drop any non-english subject but will end up with 13 units

s_sp11

HSC
Choose math ext 1 if you want to study ext 2 in year 12

You can consider picking a non-atar subject to bludge (e.g SLR) or a hobby subject (e.g. visual arts) to relax a bit

wdym by this? As in year 11 or in year 12?
In year 11, you'll have 14 units (if you choose both ex1 math and english, and pick up another subject), so you can drop any non-english subject or both ext 1s to drop to 12
In year 12, since you're picking up ext 2 maths, you can drop any non-english subject but will end up with 13 units
i meant in year 12, ty for the advice :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)