What The Fuck Was Crime?? (1 Viewer)

Dyl Pickle!

Originally posted by bubz :D

while WE get international crime. *wails* lol, i didn't even touch it. i just rattled off some crap about extradition. hmmph. ten marks down the drain for me! [/B]

I dont think so. I think the key word was extradition. Say that and you prob get half the marks!

Dyl Pickle!

Originally posted by bubz :D

while WE get international crime. *wails* lol, i didn't even touch it. i just rattled off some crap about extradition. hmmph. ten marks down the drain for me! [/B]

I dont think so. I think the key word was extradition. Say that and you prob get half the marks!

krissy7685

they made last years paper soo easy.. so thats probably why everyone did ok..
but thats why they made this years so hard..
maybe next years will be easy...

Nearlyfinished!

Lacroix, Sweetie!
HSC
Just remember if people find the questions difficult on the whole the markers will take that into consideration in the marking room and change the marking criteria.... (hopefully! my teacher is a marker and she said that's what happens)

Miss Konception

Tell me about it!!!

Crime really WAS A SHOCKER!!!!

Ok guys, i know there isn't much we can do about the exam now, but just out of curiosity, are they really allowed to put anything that isn't really stated in the syllabus????

Maybe for a one or two mark Q, u could forgive, but this was a 8 MARK Q FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!

Sorry, but this sort of thing really makes my blood boil.......

:argue:

shazabdazla

for crime part (a) i said:

1- crimes against the person eg when he abused sam

2-drug offences such as illegal use and poss. trafficking

3-white collar offences (crimes agains property committed by people re: business and personal economic gain), such as breach of intellectual property rights when he copies video cassetes .....is this too far fetched??

For part (b):

1- extradition- definition and method

2- i said that abuse, especially sexual abuse against children is illegal under the UNCROC 1990 (multilateral treaty), and since has been ratified into domestic law (eg crimes act 1900 and chilren and young persons (care and protection) act 1998) then we can punish through domestic law.

Part (c):

i stuffed up...only said...
1. extraditon is avail, but is only effective if there is an extradition treaty btwn countries...

2. where no extradition treaty exists, extradition inspired int. concept of renedition...though this is not legal and cant be enforced...limiting effect..

3. police discretion in detection phase means not all areas and issues are monitored efficiently....therefore some int. crimes unnoticed

4. fear of reporting also leads to no detection of int crimes such as child abuse, thus not effective

nooo i didnt even talk about icc, how much dya think ill be penalised??...wat cruddy answer i had..

Part (d):

yes do reflect standards generally:

1. abolition of capital punishment reflects increased value of human life

2. standard of proof in criminal case also reiterates this and value of innocence and rights of accused.."beyond reasonable doubt" = better to let ten guilty free than convict innocent person

3. However...pauline hansons 3/4 year sentence has been criticised as overly lengthy for crime compared to Bilal gang rapist 55 years....not reflecting so welll

4. sentencing act 1989 ensures a min 75% of sentence carried out before released on parole...prrotect society and retribution while allowing ajustment back into soc (rehab)

5. drug court nsw = non violent drug cases???

blah blah cant remember more but point is holy carp...what a load of bull...hahaha

ew im such a noid

keresdiscordia

If you lot watched law and order you would have aced crime. That was my easiest section I wrote like 11 pages for that. I didn't use any factual cases I made mine up but they would never know. If only all my sections could have been as good as this one.

Heheh I bitched for few lines that the police didn't have a warrent and all that but I answered the question.

adamj

Originally posted by Ringo
same. I had extradition, ICC and dealing with it through the laws of Australia and/or other jurisdictions.
Actually on review, the Internation Criminal Court can be a bit iffy. Australia and the US does not actually deal with the ICC, in fact the Government does not want personnel from Australia to be involved in proceedings, so I don't know how markers will go about the ICC, lucky I didn't say it.

Creator Failure

Yeah the Crime section was a bastard...part (b) i put extradition but couldnt think of a second unfortunatley...although I wrote about how both domestic and international authorities can get 2gether to gather evidence etc. The fact that it stated he was wanted by O/S authorities meant that they would have information regarding other offences Toney committed, and domestic authorities can use these 2 convict Toney in Australia...

I thought the essay questions were...well, 'paleteable' lol...they were pretty broad, and I chucked in a shitload of media articles (bout 6 or 7 for each) and the multis were normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)