What time of the day do you attend Extension 1 and 2? And how often? (1 Viewer)

tonynho

HSC
I'm doing Extension 1 for my prelims this year and I understand that every school is different with what hours they spend teaching extension with their students. But I'm curious to know if you attend it in the morning or after your last period at school. And often do you have it each week? Also how many kids are in your classes? :D

Immortalp00n

HSC
My extension 1 classes were from 7.30-8.30am on 2 days of the week.
we had like 25 ppl start

starshine02

HSC
It varies with different schools but mine were in timetable and I had it twice a week. And ext 1 was compulsory in year 11 so pretty much everyone did it then. Ext 2 classes ran off timetable though but it depends on the teacher for times.

tonynho

HSC
Wow, 25 people is pretty large for an extension class! And yeah, pretty much what I was expecting, my sister went to a different school and she said the class was offered to put it to a vote whether they had class in the morning or the afternoon and they all chose to attend in the morning.

Extension 1 was compulsory? What kind of school do you go to?

starshine02

HSC
Wow, 25 people is pretty large for an extension class! And yeah, pretty much what I was expecting, my sister went to a different school and she said the class was offered to put it to a vote whether they had class in the morning or the afternoon and they all chose to attend in the morning.

Yeah if it's off timetable then the class usually has a vote if the teacher allows it which is pretty fair I reckon. I think some ext 2 classes even have a lunch class once a week or something because that was a preferred time. I go to a selective.

nifkeh

HSC

for prelims it was

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Back when I was in HS:
Yr 11 was two mornings a week 7:45-8:45
Yr 12 was a sesh in sport time (when most other yr12s left) for an hour 15 or so and one morning at 8AM (that I was always late for good times :p)

For EE2, I had random meetings during the year, there was never a class. And mainly, it used to end up being a totally OT chat :p

Magical Kebab

HSC
Prelim:
Monday A - 7:30-8:30
Friday A - 7:30-8:30
Monday B - 3:30-4:30

suprwoman101

HSC
each tuesday 7:40-8:40ish
once on week a friday, we have a double when everyone has the same frees.
there are 7 in my ext 1 class, 4 guys, 3 girls.

ext 2 you just drop in whenever, and have to answer emails etc. 3 in that class, no set times really, we just have a copy of our teachers frees so we can go in.

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
Extension 1 tuesday and wednesday mornings, 7:45 - 8:45

Extension 2 has been lucky enough to run online as there are only 3 kids and one line of frees line up with the teachers

Scabs

HSC
Our Extension 1 class is all over the place.

Monday A: 9:20-10:10, 11:20-12:10, 2:30-3:15

Week B is a little better.
Monday B: 10:10-12:10

8 in our class, 6 girls, 2 boys.

hope14

HSC
Ext 1 and Ext 2 run on our timetable when most other seniors have frees or TAFE (Monday and Wednesday afternoons after lunch and Thursday mornings from 8:00 to 9:00).

We don't seem to have as much time as other people in actual classes though.

Hila

HSC
In year 11 we had two classes. You could either attend it twice a week in the mornings before school at 8-9 (Thursdays and Tuesdays) or you can choose to do it on Wednesdays during sport once a week (I'm not sure of the times but it's longer then an hour. I chose the morning classes.) Now in year 12 our timetable is so random!
Week A: Monday lunchtime, morning Tuesday and Friday
Week B: Tuesday and Thursday

We used to have Extension II classes in between the days we wouldn't have Extension I, usually in the mornings but once a week after school. Now for Extension II we just have private meetings with our teacher individually, mine is on Wednesday period 1 because I have a free.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
We have it twice a week: Thursday and Friday (both in lunch). Which means I do five successive periods (six if I have an SORII morning class as well) before a twenty minute break. There are four people in my class, all girls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)