What to do with my main round offer? (1 Viewer)

wLym

HSC
I have a current dilemma in which i have an offer from the main round which i must either accept/defer by the 30th of january. However, I have applied for the late round, in which i will base my actions on my main round offer depending on what i get in the late round. But since late round offers come out 4th feb, does it mean i wont be able to do it this way round? Is there any way i can accept my main round offer and defer it later when i know the results of my late round offer?

witide

HSC
Enrol for your main round offer and you are still considered for the late round.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Accept the main round offer. This will not prevent you from getting an offer in later rounds. You can always withdraw from the main round degree later.

wLym

HSC
thanx for replies, but what i meant was that i would only either defer or accept my offer (not reject it) based on my late round outcomes. Does that clear things up, or am i the one confused here?

edit: i know that i can accept my current offer and receive another and then decide between the 2, but i need to specifically know the outcome of the late round to decide whether i will defer, or commence studies in 2009.

Last edited:

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
thanx for replies, but what i meant was that i would only either defer or accept my offer (not reject it) based on my late round outcomes. Does that clear things up, or am i the one confused here? lol
so your saying, regardless of the late round offer you recieve, you will not be rejectingyour main round offer - the putcome will determine whether you accept the offer or defer until 2010?

now the logical question is - what has receiving a late rou nd offer have to do with your decision as to whether or not u should defer?

or am i confused?

wLym

HSC
so your saying, regardless of the late round offer you recieve, you will not be rejectingyour main round offer - the putcome will determine whether you accept the offer or defer until 2010? yes that is right, you win!

now the logical question is - what has receiving a late rou nd offer have to do with your decision as to whether or not u should defer? its a bit iffy, and i will probably end up explaining the foolishness of my situation. Right now i just need answers if u please =)

or am i confused?

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
OKAY, to tell yu the truth - i know almost nothing about deferring as i have never even considered it. All i know is that you can enrol in units and with draw from them wtih no financial penalty until census date (31 march) - your question as to whether u can enrol, then withdraw and defer, i honestly do not know, and would suggest you ring the university you got offered to go to

wLym

HSC
OKAY, to tell yu the truth - i know almost nothing about deferring as i have never even considered it. All i know is that you can enrol in units and with draw from them wtih no financial penalty until census date (31 march) - your question as to whether u can enrol, then withdraw and defer, i honestly do not know, and would suggest you ring the university you got offered to go to

ye i was gonna ring tomorrow, but was hoping on the chances someone would know tonight on the forums. I was a bit confused myself about the answer...and question (lol), but yea the only way to know is specifically ask for permission from the uni i guess....

Anyone with a different perspective or solution is welcome to come forward! =D

thnx all =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)