what to do with textbooks at the end of semester (1 Viewer)

daman

HSC
just curious as to what the recommended practices were for dealing with subject resources (textbooks, lecture notes, tutorial work, and more of the like) at the completion of a subject. does everyone usually hold on to this stuff in case it may be needed later on down the track, or discard it all?

also are we expected to recall much information from subjects we completed 2, 3, or more semesters ago? cause looking back at some old subject resources the stuff looks heaps foreign, i cant even remember writing half of the stuff let alone knowing about it - could this be due to last minute cramming, my tried and tested studying technique?

cheers

rozymisty

HSC
haha yeah i tend to go back looking at assignments ive kept on my computer and go gosh we learnt that?! lol.

I normally chuck out lecture notes and stuff coz otherwise Id have a whole filing cabinet full of lecture notes. Though i wish last year i didnt throw out bioscience notes since i had to repeat it this semester. But noramly I wait and see what my results are in case ive failed etc. Assignments I try and keep.

Textbooks, i keep, they cost 100s so yeah, all those health books are 'investment' books so yeah got to keep them. And ive used them over the 3 yrs at uni so yeah pretty good, just a huge expense at the start of the year, but really annoying when they make you buy a pack of books for $240 and they dont refer to the other ones in the pack-soooo annoying.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
2/4 of the textbooks i bought i didn't use once! grrrrrrrr =(

kow_dude

HSC
I try to sell all my textbooks at the end of the semester. I'm in my 3rd year now and i've never referred to previous (unsold) textbooks.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
kow_dude said:
I try to sell all my textbooks at the end of the semester. I'm in my 3rd year now and i've never referred to previous (unsold) textbooks.
yeah sell them quick, they depreciate heaps quick! :eek:

rozymisty

HSC
MuffinMan said:
yeah sell them quick, they depreciate heaps quick! :eek:
haha yeah, and you cant sell them to the 2nd hand bookshops if the lecturers decide to get a newer edition which is sooo nothing much different. Really annoying that is!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)