What to do? (1 Viewer)

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
I have a bit of a problem here.
I want to get into my 4th pref (B Pharmacy @ Syd) but i got my 5th (B Physio @ Syd).

The cut off for Pharmacy in 2002 was 93 and 2003 it was 94. I got 95.00 and was expecting to get in because i passed my STAT and had EAS incase it went a bit higher. I got into Physio under EAS (95.75) but was wondering if i could do anything to get into B Pharmacy like begging them? I mean, i couldnt have missed out on Pharmacy by much right?

Any ideas?

Also, if anyone who got into Pharmacy please post their UAI and if you know the UAI cut off for it?

Last edited:
T

timbk2

because you put pharmacy as your 4th preference, all those who had it as their 1st, 2nd and 3rd preference were given preferance over you. Even if some didnt get a UAI as high as your one. My guess is that they've already filled the course. Begging isnt going to do anything. The only chance in would be by applying for full-fee in the late round.

I dont get it, so many people screw up their preferences, you gotta put the course you want to get in 1st... not like. 3rd, 4th, 5th.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Thats not true, people who have it higher on their list are not considered before you, people who have a higher UAI are. When you can't get into your first choice your next is automatically considered as your first and so on and so forth.

Whats the full name of the course deyveed I can't seem to find it...

T

timbk2

actually, the uni's get your details, and the preference you put them in. They give priority to those who have their preference as 1. The preference order doesnt change if you dont get your first. If its 2.. it will remain 2 to that university, and they will make the decision after they've been through all the 1's.

is a roflcopter
HSC
my mate missed pharmacy with a 96.7 at 1st pref

T

timbk2

one of my friends when i did hsc had pharmacy at usyd as first pref. and she got 96.somethin , and missed out. she ended up getting in paying fee in late round.

but then again.. shes rich

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
There's no use complaining
I missed my first preference last year by 0.25, so instead I transferred in after 1st year

T

timbk2

they arent gonna give a shit when 25,000+ people missed out

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
I missed out on vet science last year by 0.05, and theres nothing u can do except cry in your room for a day, and then move on. I got in this time around by getting a distinction average and transferring, and yes it sux to have to be at uni for 6 years, but at least now i am in my course!
And Timbk2 is right, nearly 30,000 people missed out on offers all together, so people arent really gonna care that u didnt get into your first one. At least u are in a uni and can try and transfer.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by timbk2
actually, the uni's get your details, and the preference you put them in. They give priority to those who have their preference as 1. The preference order doesnt change if you dont get your first. If its 2.. it will remain 2 to that university, and they will make the decision after they've been through all the 1's.
Yupp that's true, haven't you guys ben sent a letter from the uni that you had as your first prefs? USYD knew that i had them down as my first lol... and i got into it even though i missed out by 1 UAI, i got 84.45 and the cut-off was 85.05

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by Azn fairies
parmacy this year went up by 4% i think ..check it.
wow
thats heaps
nearly 98 then

liz

HSC
Yeah last year I missed out by 0.05 on my first preference at Sydney. I rang up Sydney to ask if there was anything I could do because i was so close, and they said no its just bad luck. I did first year and worked hard and now got an offer to a simliar degree at a different uni which i'm really happy about.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
This year's cutoffs were unpredictable.
Pharmacy jumping extra 4 points out of nowhere.
I thought my 95 and my alrite STAT result would have made it but noooo. Pharmacy had to be extra popular this year.

I had put Pharmacy as my 4th pref because it was actually my 4th pref. That means i got disappointed 4 times when i got my 5th. I had no idea what UAI i'd end up with because i did IT where you don't know how you're going until the end.

Another thing, does anyone know the percentage of 1st yr students who apply for transfer?

Mill

HSC
What exactly did Pharmacy go up to?

My girlfriend got in and she got 97.9, just wondering how close she was to missing out :(

T

taketheredone

Originally posted by deyveed
[B

The cut off for Pharmacy in 2002 was 93 and 2003 it was 94.
Any ideas?

[/B]
Usyd never publish out the cut off ........UAI 94 was the "minimum requirement " to be considered for entry.
Me and my friend both got an offer (1st pre) with low 99 uai, and by comparing the cut off from CSU pharmacy (97.45), I think the cut off at Usyd maybe somewhere around there as well.

D

d00d

why the hell would u do pharmacy, they get paid pretty crap y'know. with those UAIs u might even become a doctor, dentist or optometrist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)