What to Drop !? (1 Viewer)

Munti

92.25 ATAR! hmu for tutoring :) im cheap
HSC
So I am struggling immensely trying to figure out which subject to drop.:spzz: I know it’s still early days and I’ve only completed two assessment tasks for each subject and I have only received marks for the first round of assessments. I go to a school ranked 270 in the 2017 HSC just for some info of the school environment. These are my subjects and I’m aiming for a 90+ ATAR:

- Economics: Amazing and dedicated teacher, and with help and persistence I manage to do quite well in assessment tasks despite leaving a lot of it to the last minute. However, the content in general s extremely difficult for me to grasp and understand majority of the time. I can already see myself directing a lot of my study time towards this subject. Rank 1 of 25 but I expect this to change due to the sheer difficulty of this subject. I find it hard to motivate myself to study for this subject because it’s so hard.:evilfire:

- English Advanced - Okay/average teacher, I absolutely hate the texts we are studying in class. Ranked 17 in a cohort of about 70. A fair amount of smart and intelligent ppl in this course.

- Maths Advanced - Amazing, Fabulous teacher. I have always been more of a writing and humanities person, so Maths has always been a bit of a struggle for me. Sometimes I can study really hard for a test yet still do average. I would prefer not to drop it as it’s a prerequisite for a lot of uni courses and in general it’s kinda important I guess. Ranked 17 in a cohort of 70, however these ranks were released before I got my most recent test result, a whopping 37 percent !!! So I assume my ranking will now drop undoubtably.
:redface:
- Modern History - Absolutely adore this subject !! However, a crappy teacher who is lazy and not pushing us the way he should be. No one has achieved a band 6 in my school for this subject in like 5 years, although there have been some high band 5s. Harsh markers and the heavy content is weighing in on me. I’m also in HORRIBLE HORRIBLE modern cohort filled with drop kicks and ppl who don’t want to be there. Ranked 1 in a cohort of 28.

- Legal Studies - Okay - kinda crap teacher too. As with Modern, I bludge in this subject because our teacher is very slow, and sometimes stuff gets a little too easy so I stop being attentive. Quite boring and therefore I can’t motivate myself to study this boring subject. However, my rank is 2 out of 47 and the cohort is somewhat smart.

- Biology - Again, I bludge because it’s just so rote and study is comprised mostly of memorising. CRAP CRAP CRAP teacher, however I reckon I can teach myself the content (unlike modern and legal where I rely heavily on the teacher so I can get my essay structure right etc etc. Rank 18 in cohort of 90, even though I lost 1 mark in the 2 assessments tasks I’ve done for this subject.

So there is a brief summary of each subject in a nutshell. Any advice + tips would be greatly appreciated !! Even if they’re just general stuff. Thanks so much!!:angel:

Neil_

HSC
I did biology and from what I've heard economics is somewhat content-intensive like Biology, although biology being the easier one. If you can handle economics then biology should be fine.

can't speak much for modern or legal but if you feel your rank is good then do them.

aoc

HSC
Keep eco/adv eng/modern/2u math for sure. The debate is between legal and biology since your not super interest in them. If you equally hate both subjects then stick with legal becuase your rank is better. If however you like biology and reckon youll want to study it more than legal (and you get a fair few bang 6's in bio in your school) then keep bio over legal.

Munti

HSC
Thanks so much !! Just to clarify, what do you mean when you say "...you can handle economics then biology should be fine". Also, since I can practically teach myself for biology and it's kinda easy (although I don't like it at all) should I choose it over the harder, more complex economics? (also considering the fact that I'd need much more help with it) Thanks again!!

Munti

HSC
Keep eco/adv eng/modern/2u math for sure. The debate is between legal and biology since your not super interest in them. If you equally hate both subjects then stick with legal becuase your rank is better. If however you like biology and reckon youll want to study it more than legal (and you get a fair few bang 6's in bio in your school) then keep bio over legal.

Thanks so much !! Just to clarify, what do you mean when you say "...you can handle economics then biology should be fine". Also, since I can practically teach myself for biology and it's kinda easy (although I don't like it at all) should I choose it over the harder, more complex economics? (also considering the fact that I'd need much more help with it) Thanks again!!

Munti

HSC
Thankyou for your input!! :hug2: See the stats at my school for band 6's in modern are ATROCIOUS (legit no one has achieved a band 6 in like 7 years). My teacher is crap and I think my school just hasn't got its head wrapped around how to properly teach the modern course. Legal is somewhat easy and the stats are on my side too although I ABHOR the subject along with bio; which I can just teach myself even though I hate it. The question then becomes, should I do what I absolutely love, or what I don't like as much but can still manage to pull a band 6 considering my school and the difficulty of the subject?? Thanks so much anyways!!:inlove:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)