What to eat before a test? (1 Viewer)

visipac

HSC
I dont know what to eat or drink for optimal exam performance :D

Aysce

HSC
Obviously you want to have a meal that isn't too heavy or too light. Personally, what I eat are the typical bacon and eggs, a glass of water and a small banana. After that meal, I feel pretty pumped so yeah haha. I sometimes eat pho and that's even better.

Thaler

HSC
N/A
Who cares? Knowing the material and getting a good night's sleep will do far more than a banana to help.

wavess

HSC
Who cares? Knowing the material and getting a good night's sleep will do far more than a banana to help.
True, but bananas or any healthy eating before an exam increases your performance, anyways at the end, it depends on the individual

samantha.rose

Samantha Rose
HSC
some master chess player told me not to eat too big of a meal, otherwise too much of your blood supply is being used for digestion and not for maximum brain use. or something along those lines. lol.

SoggyBiscuit

HSC
i ate ice cream for breakfast every day of my HSC exams and i got 99.80 so you know

just eat whatever the fuck you want

Thaler

HSC
N/A
Pretty sure you'll find it's a placebo effect.
I'd love to see an experiment where subjects are given an exam to do then all are given the same meal, 1/3 told it'll increase performance, 1/3 told it will decrease and 1/3 told nothing and then they have to do an exam again. Would put money on the hypothesis that performance will differ depending upon what they are told, despite having the same meal.

wavess

HSC
Pretty sure you'll find it's a placebo effect.
I'd love to see an experiment where subjects are given an exam to do then all are given the same meal, 1/3 told it'll increase performance, 1/3 told it will decrease and 1/3 told nothing and then they have to do an exam again. Would put money on the hypothesis that performance will differ depending upon what they are told, despite having the same meal.
Read this, they're still waiting for the results: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/bananas-to-boost-exam-results-830013.html

Edit : just noticed its in 2008, but that's an experiment!

Thaler

HSC
N/A
Read this, they're still waiting for the results: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/bananas-to-boost-exam-results-830013.html

Edit : just noticed its in 2008, but that's an experiment!
Doesn't control for placebo effect. Assumes poor results after first half hour due to nutrition, but there could be other reasons (harder questions, how do they know which part of exam done first?). Results unknown; given they weren't advertised, the results probably showed no effect - selection bias.

studybot

HSC
Milk, Cheese, Tuna, Orange Juice. I keeding.

Just I dunno, eat something that won't hurt your stomach and I suggest a banana too!

What I've come to avoid is cereal and juice straight after, personally makes me feel very sick after.

Gotei

HSC
Take some Albutrex and some pre workout and you'll be pumped as FUARKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

mrh94

HSC
My mum makes (forces) me to eat baked potatoes. I don't know why, she does not tell me why and I'm scared...utterly terrified.

Is she in a secret potato society?

Dedication_

HSC
Coke, xanax, x5 panadol, x3 energy drinks, 1/5 of whisky any of those will do the job to make you perky for an exam:)

S1MZ8

HSC
some master chess player told me not to eat too big of a meal, otherwise too much of your blood supply is being used for digestion and not for maximum brain use. or something along those lines. lol.
Lol, my dad emphasised this to me everytime i wanted to study after dinner..

S1MZ8

HSC
Lol, my dad emphasised this to me everytime i wanted to study after dinner..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)