What To Eat? (1 Viewer)

flyingdown

Ave Satanas!
HSC
I have the 2U Maths HSC on Monday (accelerated). Usually I just skip breakfast, but people have been telling me that my brain needs food to function better before the exam.

I didn't eat anything before the Prelims and did well and wasn't feeling hungry or anything.

Any suggestions?

Bricnic

Lookatmy Member
HSC
Well if you're used to eating nothing, your brain is probably running off your fat reserves. This isn't as effective as supplying it with a decent breakfast, as this provides it with energy much more efficiently in the form of glucose. I'd say if you don't feel like eating anything heavy, have one of those liquid meals, or just a thin layer of whatever spread you like on a piece of toast or two.

kiki78

HSC
The brain only uses glucose for fuel and carbohydrates are converted to glucose most efficiently, so eat some carbs, weet bix is good!!

TamikaD

HSC
If ur not used to anything how about even a glass of milo?

Tim035

HSC
kiki78 said:
The brain only uses glucose for fuel and carbohydrates are converted to glucose most efficiently, so eat some carbs, weet bix is good!!
Lol I was going to quote that fact and sound all smart, Do you do pdhpe aswell?

Umm don't drink V, diuretic= needing to pee half way through exam.

I'm personally mildly alergic to weat but have been eating scrambled eggs on the mornings before exams that works well for me :D

-pari-

HSC
N/A
u must eat something.

even if its' just a piece of fruit. i never feel hungry in the mornings either but i came to realise how detrimental skippin breakfast can be.
so at the very least i eat a fruit

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Eat what you want. Who cares about what food is best for the brain, just go with what works for you...?

sinist4

HSC
a bottle of coke gives you just enough to go all the way... with some like 'v' that will make u hypo hahahaha

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Eat something that has low GI. Sugary foods and drinks will release a high burst of energy for a very short time, and since 3-hour exams really drain you, you need something that keeps you going for a bit longer.

I suggest milk, soymilk, wholemeal or grained breads, baked beans, nutella, healthy cereal (i.e. not fruit loops or similar) and fruit. Since you're not used to eating breakfast, choose something yummy.

NB: I didn't mean eat all of the above as ONE meal.

crimsonking

HSC
My morning diet has been:
- Weet Bix (around 2-6, depending on how I feel)
- Cup of tea, 1 sugar
- Maybe some orange juice
- Cigarette

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
my breakfast kicks ass! i have toast with cream cheese (alternative to butter)with 2 slices of tasty cheese on each slice of toast. i also eat a passionfruit/banana yoghurt, a piece of fruit and drink an orange juice... yummm :)
its the best breakie to have before school. i concentrate a lot more compared to previous years.

OMG yum :) you rock.. totally not so healthy (cream cheese + tasty cheese!) but who cares ...

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
my breakfast kicks ass! i have toast with cream cheese (alternative to butter)with 2 slices of tasty cheese on each slice of toast. i also eat a passionfruit/banana yoghurt, a piece of fruit and drink an orange juice... yummm :)
its the best breakie to have before school. i concentrate a lot more compared to previous years.
Jesus christ that's a lot of food! How long does breakfast take you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)