What topic are you up to? (1 Viewer)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
As in 18th november 2002..
Any year 12s, that haven't graduated, what subject are you currently doing now? what part? what have you covered?

I'm just curious at the speculations that my physics teacher are being slow. At least that's what the class says.

So.. what are you up to?

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
dont worry your teacher cant be worst then mine
we only doing projectile motion in space
yes laugh laugh its funny

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
starting to do that weird relativity stuff...
we've been watching endless tapes about it..>~ i fell aslp in class.. like sheesh how much more timewasting and slow is that?:(

N

ND

Originally posted by baby_mulanz
like sheesh how much more timewasting and slow is that?:(
Well that depends on which inertial frame of reference you're observing from. ;)

I'm working ahead of my class, and am up to DC generators. My class has just finished the first module(space).

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
oh i dont relli undastand this relativity stuff.. care to explain?
i was too busy sleeping in class :(

N

ND

Hehe, you asked how slow it was, and because time appears to travels slower in a frame of reference with
relative motion to the observer(special relativity), and you mentioned you were doing relativity, i thought i
would make an attempt at lame humour. :)

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
damn~ curse einstein :(
last lesson i had to watch a movie with this stoopid pic of einstein's head bobbing all ova the screen trying to teach us relative motion ~ and i still dunt undastand it...~ why how???~ why isnt time constant? ~ so if i run faster i live longer?? i dunt no :confused: :(

N

ND

I don't think you'll notice any difference when running (unless you run very fast ;)), it is only noticable when you approach light speed. But no you wouldn't live longer, the difference would be, when you return back to your original frame of reference, everything will have aged more than you.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
no for physics for me .... hahahhahehheheh ... sorry just had to say that

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
why isnt time constant? ~ so if i run faster i live longer?? i dunt no :confused: :(
Because Einstein proposed that the speed of light is constant, then by definition, time and length (and mass) must become relative entities
and ND is correct

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
we've been watching endless tapes about it..>~ i fell aslp in class.. like sheesh how much more timewasting and slow is that?:(
TAPEs, what tapes did you guys watch?????? coz my teacher has been trying furiously to get us to watch a video on relativity.:(

D

d00d

yeah its bloody weird shit... but the faster u travel, the longer it takes to age.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
if u spend more time on the forums.. does time dilate???
after three months of completing hsc ... time is now a mystery ...

answer to question ... it probably does dilate ...:D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah... its suprising how much time flies when u r in these forums these day... i mean no one is travelling in the speed of light......but yet time flies

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
we have finished r 1st module that is space n we have already started motors n generators!!!
hey guys u must be thinking dat we r too fast, i shud say dat we r very fast co'z our teacher never teaches anything!!!:apig:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)