What topics are u doing for the project? (1 Viewer)

malayz_angel

So have u all decided on your topics yet? I went through about fifty and I'm still not really happy with what I have now-- a discussion of the portrayals of Ned Kelly throughout history.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
hahaha, i was NEARLY going to do that topic... i changed my mind like 12 hours before we had to "lock in" our topics... im now doing Vietnam... might make some comparisons to Iraq, for the sake of topical controversy.

pranks85

Controversy. The lifeline of every historian.....

I'm doing revisionism in history, specifically David Irving.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
revisionism is great... one of my fave aspects of the subject.

pranks85

I reckon :)

We're going Russia now in modern, and the way Stalin just 'rewrote' history....

I love watching people manipulate the truth. That's why politics is so much fun :)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
we have just started Elizabeth 1 in Extension... i find her much more fascinating than i thought i would... i was kinda anti the topic when it was chosen, but now im quite glad!

Oh, Elizabeth would be fascinating.. (but then again i'm doing her mother for my individual project so maybe i'm a little biased... )malayz are you still doing ned kelly in history? there's sure to be a lot about that coming out soon!! and u can watch the movie for 'research'...

lol, i DID, and spent all holidays watching movies... until i got a stern warning from commager in the sourcebook, about 'reading around' a subject.... and oh the guilt!!! (now i'm trying to incorporate that into my essay though, and talking about new forms of communicating history eg the hollywood movie ;) )

Cara

Prank, could u tell wher u are getting ur info from on revisionism. i'm doin the revisionist view up against the orthodox view of 4 different cases of genocide and david irving is one guy i'm lookin at.
it would really help if u could tell me anything.

Elizabeth 1 is sooooooooo interesting, a few in my class really wanted to do that but we're doin appeasement, which is really a whole lot more intersting than i thought it would be. it links in really well with modern history.

have many of u actually started ur work?

Cara

Yeah individual work. has anyone had their first exam yet?
we have ours next week and its really scary. i hate the fact that we have never done one before of this subject.

malayz_angel

Originally posted by Cara
Yeah individual work. has anyone had their first exam yet?
we have ours next week and its really scary. i hate the fact that we have never done one before of this subject.
My exam is next Thursday and I feel similar. Yep, I'm sticking with NEd Kelly at this point and I am going to watch the movie "for research" of course. Some friends are coming along too to "help" me take notes on the movie, it has nothing to do with them liking Ledger and Bloom. Anyone know a really BIASED AGAINST Ned Kelly source? I've found all the ones which portray him as good or good/bad but the lack of downright bias in our school library is almost disappointing.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
do you guys have exams for this subject? you poor things... the only exams we do for it are the trial hsc and the actual hsc.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Doing Joseph Mengele: Angel of Death or Misunderstood Genius

Cara

ur so lucky. this exam is really scaring me!
for the ned kelly thing, some art stuff is really biased. i'll ask my dad he's a history teacher and i'll post it later

i think in some ways its good to have ongoing exams... we have them once a month and it keeps it all locked away in your head.. and can get LOTS of feedback on how things are going

friendoflive86

His Ext personal project topic

Im doin sumfink bout Julius Caesar, and how accurate William Shakespeare's Julius Caesa is as an historical source

Is anyone as unlucky as i am to be doing Women Convicts as the Case Study??? can anyone help me with it if they are

malayz_angel

Thanks Cara

WEll I finally watched the movie...I was expecting to hate it cos it's not my kinda movie..but I got excited when I started recognising things that have happened to Ned Kelly and it turned out to be okay after all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)